rumors

Rumor has it that Pikeviews pitcher Joey Church went to a baseball camp over summer and stayed the entire summer, and he came home with a 92 mph fastball and is a yankees prospect...does anyone know if this is true? i know last season he was throwing in the low to mid 80's..and i didnt think you could gain that much in speed in under a year

I personally talked to his "pitching coach" whom he occasionally works with. He says Joey hit 90 at the perfect game tournament in ATL and 89 at a UNCG camp. He said Dodgers sent him a letter, not NYY. He said he's got letters from UVA, Tennessee, and VT. But I've known the guy for a while and hes prone to exaggeration, so I'd say Church throws 85-87 at best, but Joeys been a teammate of mine and alot of his coaches say he has a "relaxed" work ethic, so a jump that big is hard for me to imagine.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I can throw 92... anyone can make the gun work for you... it's all a bunch of bull and everyone knows it. Yeah he throws hard... bt no way 92 about a 10 mph increase over a summer? yeah right? i feel stupid for even commenting on this subject it is so ludacris...