10-Richlands 62

11-Radford 61

12-Giles 59

13-Bath Co. 57

14-Honaker 55

15-William Fleming 52

16-Lebanon 51

16-Salem 51

Honaker and Lebanon. A good to strong argument could be made for all the rest to be on the list for various reasons. I'm sure both Honaker and Lebanon will have solid teams, but I feel there are better teams going into the season than those two that didn't make the list. Again, it's just a fan poll and nothing get worked up over. Just simply stating my opinion...

Yeah you may be right, one team I disagreed with being on the poll was Radford. How good could they be this year after losing all their good players? You can make the same arguement with Honaker and Lebanon since they did lose some good players as well. But of course everyone has a long row to hoe until playoff time, its all just guesses until then!

Beckley Christian was one of four teams that did not receive any votes at all. The other three were Hidden Valley, Meadow Bridge, and Midland Trail.

Five schools received one vote...which means they all have a least one "fan" that voted in the poll...Burch, Chapmanville, Covington, Logan, and Patrick Co.

[ QUOTE ]

Any WV teams that may have deserved to be on the final list over VA teams? Must not have been many WV fans that voted on the poll since Bluefield was the only WV team on the final list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beckley, James Monroe, Shady Spring, and Mount View should have been on the list before the likes of Honaker and Lebanon.

It's a FAN poll, it means nothing........... Lebanon nor Honaker may not deserve to be on it, but they are. I have'nt heard you say a negative word about George Wythe, Lebanon beat them 27-6 last year and Honaker beat Lebanon 17-14, maybe you should pay more attention before you get all knotted up over a fan poll that does'nt mean anything, it'll all work out as the year goes along.

[ QUOTE ]

It's a FAN poll, it means nothing........... Lebanon nor Honaker may not deserve to be on it, but they are. I have'nt heard you say a negative word about George Wythe, Lebanon beat them 27-6 last year and Honaker beat Lebanon 17-14, maybe you should pay more attention before you get all knotted up over a fan poll that does'nt mean anything, it'll all work out as the year goes along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I stated this before. The guy asked a question and I gave my response. Don't you get so worked up over that response. It's simply one fan's opinion, which I'm more than free to express at any point.

Sure you're free to express, I believe you have...........several times. Just print out the FAN poll, scratch out Lebanon and Honaker, insert who ever you want!! it'll mean just as much as it does right now and you'll be happy. Besides, you're right, the likes of Lebanon and Honaker (since 2001) Lebanon record 22-10, Honaker record 22-9 has no buisness in the same poll with the powerhouses such as Bluefield 22-14.

[ QUOTE ]

Besides, you're right, the likes of Lebanon and Honaker (since 2001) Lebanon record 22-10, Honaker record 22-9 has no buisness in the same poll with the powerhouses such as Bluefield 22-14.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO...Defensive aren't? So which one of those schools are you from, Lebanon or Honaker? Additionally, unless Lebanon and Honaker has played Bluefield's schedule, which they haven't, then don't even compare the records b/c those two don't play nearly the schedule Bluefield does. Day and night, apple and oranges...

Sure Mack...........Bluefield plays a killer schedule....lol. They lose all the games they should and win all the games they should. Go back to whinning, it's apparent you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Go back to worring about the FAN poll, you're knowledge does'nt reach beyond Bluefield. Try to learn something before you make a <deleted by The G-Man> of yourself on a message board.

Some of you guys are being to hard on the Pioneers from Lebanon. If they get any line play at all they will be really tough to handle. They have maybe the best WR crew in the area with a all district QB throwing to them. The rest of the skills players includeing the QB are loaded with speed. Remember this name "Pepper Yates" he could be one of the best Def.Linemen in the area great speed and good size. The only thing about the Pioneers is that they play in one of the weakest districts in the area (HOGO) and have a weak schedule which will not help come Playoff time. Their two toughest contest are with GW and Richlands.

I'm not being hard on Lebanon, or at least I'm not trying to do so. I watched them play at Tazewell last year and honestly I wasn't very impressed overall. Although, I did think the QB was a talented player and a very solid passer. I commented to someone during that game that these were to of the slowest high school teams I've seen play in awhile, maybe ever. No one on either team, outside of #34 and #3 for Tazewell, showed any type of speed.

Tazewell wasn’t very good last year and had the coaching been better Tazewell would have won that game. The play calling was horrible, especially late in the game while they were protecting that seven-point lead. Tazewell also put the football in the hands of the wrong people, but I guess that’s the advantage of having prominent parents in town. Tazewell’s #34 didn’t touch the ball nearly enough, but when he did he ran around and through the Lebanon defense. He also ran down a couple of Lebanon ball carriers that otherwise would have most likely scored.

My personal opinion is and was simply a reply to the question another poster posed. I firmly believe that Beckley, James Monroe, Mount View, and Shady Spring are all four better teams than those two. I know Mount View and Beckley's speed would devastate a team such as Lebanon or Honaker.

I do agree that Lebanon does not compare to lets say a Bluefield, Graham, or a Gate City year in year and me being from Southwest Virginia I don't know much about the West VA side of the Ball. I do however beleive that Lebanon is and has been a very consistent football program through out the past, maybe not the power house they were in the 90's but consistent. I think this years team is worth keeping an eye on. I do think that of the A schools in the area they are a top 5 team so I don't think having them at #16 hurts you sweet 16 Fan Poll. I did not even vote in the poll because I just got in but I would have ranked them near the bottom if I did, I'm not saying they are in with the top teams but they are good enough to round out the rankings. I hear the Vikings from Powell Valley are back, they may challenge the Big Blue Devils this year. If Richlands finds a QB they may win the SWD? What a opening game G.City and Richlands, should be a snot knocker!

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't count on that one happening. I can't wait to see us play Gate City thats going to be a slobber knocker. If we get a QB Gate City better watch out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Devils have lost a lot. Not saying they won't be good. They're Gate City. Even if they don't win the district they're still good. Gate City will have a lot of talent this year from what I heard but I also hear that most of them are young. Well the 27th of this month we'll have to see. Too bad we (PV) don't play the tornadoes anymore. Though we haven't been able to really compete with you all the past few years though we could have beaten ya'll in 2001. We lost the last like 10 seconds of the game.

• 2 weeks later...