VA High to appeal VHSL in Sept.

shanefive

VA High is going to appeal it's placement in the Lonesome Pine District and the Region D for the 2005-2006 seasons. They will request a move to the Hogoheegee District and Region C. When they asked to drop they were hoping to create a New District made up of them, Honaker, Lebanon, Gate City, Powell Valley and a few more and be in the Region D. The VHSL however placed them in the already loaded Lonesome Pine. VA High has stated that if they do not get into the Hogo that they will remain in the Highlands. What do some of you all think about this?

Put VA High, JSB, PH, Holston, Castlewood, Lebanon, and Honaker in a district. What would be a good name for it I wonder? Maybe call it the Mountain Rivers District since all those schools are in the Clinch and Holston Valleys or call it the Cow Fields District haha. Travel wise that district would make sense, the farthest trip for everyone wouldn't be more than an hour.

I got a name for that. The Washington District. That's the best I could come up with. I think if they are going to move Va High to anywhere in the Region D they should also bring some closer schools into it and make a new district. Regardless I think they should move a few of the Hogoheegee teams into the region D.

Travel wise it might be a good fit but having Holston,PH, and Castlewood in your district makes for a pretty weak district and teams don't get prepared for the post seasons. Take the larger schools in the Hogo and the larger schools in the LPD and move Honaker out of the BDD (GW,Lebanon,Battle,VAHigh,GateCity,PV,JJKelly,Clintwood,and Honaker, put them in the Region D) that makes for one of the top districts & regions in the state for all sports. Take those smaller schools and you can make 2 districts putting one in Region C the other in D.

I doubt any of those teams would want to move down...tazewell might consider it if anyone...I doubt Grundy or Graham would do it unless they kicked CC out and made the old SWD as a single A type thing...but thats kinda nutz to even think about.

It'd be good for the Black Diamond(well, good for Honaker and Haysi at any rate) to pick up Grundy, Graham, and Tazewell. Lebanon too. But I just don't think that would happen. Think if CC ever left the SWD, the Highlands schools would go back to the SWD?

Probably not..they would have to all move up. It's just miles apart as it stands right now...maybe if they go to a 4A system in a couple of years and force everyone to play where they actually are it might happen? Would take something like that though I think for those kinda changes to become a reality.