Grundy @ Clintwood Scrimage

Lance

Grundy looked pretty good...the offensive line needs some work...overall a nice first showing. I still think they should move Aaron Looney to backup QB...but, just my opinion...Tigh did look better running the second team than he did last year.

Clintwood has a very big line and should have a good year ahead of them. It was nice to see a lot of the young guys Grundy has in action...looks to be a good year once things settle down.

Nice job by both teams, it was a fun "game" to watch.

I'm just glad it's football time again!

laugh.gif

I want to give the Offensive game ball to Jimmy Penley who ran wild and a defensive game ball to Aaron Marcum for several crushing hits, as well as a few incredible blocks on offense. Also want to mention, Jon Brown , Stephan Baker, and Colby Owens who all loked tough. Big Charlie Osborne will fix the lines problem by the next scrimmage. Great Job to everyone from the seniors to the freshmen looked good and showed a lot of promise.

I didn't want to name any names because I don't know any of Clintwood's kids...but you pretty much summed it up...Matt Lee had a good game also...and Theo threw some nice passes when he had time to get the ball off...I don't know who was wearing #83 but the catch he had for a TD there near the end was really nice...he seems to have good speed although it doesn't look like he is moving that fast...lol...long strides I guess...because once he caught the ball no one was able to catch him.

Clintwoods defense looks pretty good...they have a large line and they are quick...I think they need some work on offense, they didn't seem to move the ball all that well, they did have a couple of big plays...the draw they caught Grundy in a blitz was the perfect play for that defense...caught Grundy with no one at home or not enough in the middle anyway...looked like a Bradshaw type run as a result. Live by the blitz - die by the blitz i guess...screen or draw is nasty in that situation. Was a nice looking play though.

I enjoyed watching the second team...looks like they have a little depth this year at a few positions...which I dont think they have had much of in the past. I saw a lot of plays on offense that I have not seen in a couple of years also...so maybe they will expand the playbook a little this year. smile.gif

You forgot to mention Garon Marcum who made a great play where he was stopped at the line, got loose and cut back against the defense for about a 20 or 30 yard pick up...had one guy to beat for an awesome looking TD, but the kid took a good angle and Garon ran out of real estate. Still was one of the best plays of the day I thought. (And Garon's hair looked really good...roflmao! - I have to give him a hard time about that.)

Anyway..it was fun to watch either way.