Didn't anyone attend Bluefield/Nitro scrimmage?

blufan04

The varsity teams went three quarters Bluefield "won" 30-27 Nitro was huge and had a very effective passing game with a talented corp of receivers and a dandy starting QB. Bluefield is not likely to see that good an offense all year with the possible exception of Martinsburg.

David Purdue was sick and not available and the offense looked like it was not wanting to "show" too much too soon.

Defense played well I thought against a pretty potent offense. All in all both teams looked good for this early in the season.

The Jayvee played one quarter and scored two touchdowns to Nitro's none.

I watched bluefield practice today and spoke with a couple of parents who attended the scrimmage at nitro and said that at first Bluefield started out flat but after they settled down they played better.They said that Nitro was huge on defence.Bluefield had a hard time running on them but Bluefields passing game looked good.David perdue did not play due to a minor illness. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I watched bluefield practice today and spoke with a couple of parents who attended the scrimmage at nitro and said that at first Bluefield started out flat but after they settled down they played better.They said that Nitro was huge on defence.Bluefield had a hard time running on them but Bluefields passing game looked good.David perdue did not play due to a minor illness. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Any new names for Bluefield we should be on the lookout for Friday night?

all that I was told that the kid came over with Mike Davis.His practice number was #49 and was at the running back position.From what I saw,he was taking quite a few snaps mostly on 2nd team.He had decent speed and showed some quickness.Also the kid named Cecil Smith that transferred looked liked he had potential.He is tall with a lanky build,but this is his first year of playing football.Hopefully he can develope and contribtue.

[ QUOTE ]

yes the kid that came from princeton is named jerome powell....he's very good

[/ QUOTE ]

So Powell is the other kid from Princeton then? That's certainly very interesting. The coaches were raving about his speed and quickness during the workouts in June. You're loaded with information...lol

[ QUOTE ]

shawn steptoe is on the run...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's on the run?

[ QUOTE ]

and ansel ponder has moved

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea where he moved to? I had heard a lot of good things about him as a receiver and was looking forward to seeing him in action.