how do they...

footballfreak

do they have all-state in Virginia? or is it all regional? if either one how do they pick who is all-state or all regional? because all-state in west virginia is starting to become a joke. and i was just curious of how they do it in other states.

In VA they have both All Region and All State. If my memory is correct in order to make the all state team you must make your all region team. So it is a pretty fair way to pick an all state team, I think in VA where a player gets shafted is in the regional picks, because you have so many groups, a group for the larger schools and a group for the smaller schools, and if your team or district does not do to well a player or players get left off that Regional Team, thus leaving them off the All State Team. I guess you are always going to leave someone off the team that should be on it no matter how my state or any other state does it.

thanks for the information. its all political in west virginia. for example: there was a kid who had 130 tackles, 1 or 2 int. and in just 9 games(due to injury) and only gets special honorable mention (the teams was 5-5) and another kid gets 2nd team all-state for 120 tackles in 10 games on a team that went 4-6. there is somthing wrong with this picture. if you dont kno how they do it in WV its the sports writers that vote on it but the coach nominates the players from his team. i agree there are ppl that get overlooked but not like this.