Mt.View/Liberty Scrimmage

footballfreak

no one else has posted bout it so i figure i might as well.

in game situation mt.view won but becuase of liberty drove the ball to there 15 or 20 yard line then fumbled and then mt.view drove the ball and scored. but in the scrimmage liberty shut mt.view down. mt.view couldnt stop liberty they didnt really have ne big plays they mainly drove the ball. mt.view is fairly small up front as compared to years past. mt. view is extremely young. they arent running the power-I near as much. they added a bunch of new wrinkles in their offense. call me crazy but i think this is the slowest mt.veiw has ever been. next year or the year after will be mt.views year.

as for liberty. in the years past they have been overrated but this year they are above average. they have a pretty good fullback in tommy newman. he ate mt.view up on offense and defense. he is one of their most dangerous players. they also have a good QB too. but liberty's defense played well and offense was a little shaky. but defense always progresses faster then the offense.

but all and all liberty was the better of the 2 teams. but u never can tell about mt.view they could have showed up with out their heads in the game as they sometimes tend to do.

I'm a little dumbfounded here. I find it hard to believe that Liberty was better than MV. I'm not calling you a liar, I just find it hard to believe. Then again, it was only a scrimmage.

Maybe MV was looking ahead to Bluefield (lol). I know when they were previewed on WOAY 4 out of Oak Hill on Monday night all they wanted to talk about was getting revenge on Bluefield for last year. If those kids put as much focus and effort into playing every team on the schedule as they do Bluefield, they would hardly lose a game.

i am also quite suprised about this scrimmage liberty has some good potential for this year but outplaying mt. view is just hard to imagine, but im sure if it was a true game the athletes on mt. view would have got the job done. but as bluefield rules stated i also saw the news clip and they seemed only intrested in talking up the revenge on bluefield and if thats the case they stand a even greater chance of losing to shady week 4 of the season because their first 2 games are cake then 2 weeks off before shady and hopefully they will be all worried about the beavers.

i found it hard to believe, too. i thought it was gonna be a track meet but it turned out to be a surprise. But its just a scrimmage and both teams are still 0-0, mt.veiw might have just blew it off, being the way they are. but honestly i dont think mt.view will ever have a chance in H*** of beating bluefield or atleast this mt.view team wont.

The majority of seasons Mount View plays their best game of the year against Bluefield. It's a rivalry game (more so for MV than Bluefield) and as long as MV has the athletes they do and put as much focus on the game as they do they'll have a chance. One thing is drilled into the heads of those kids each year by the community, "Beat Bluefield."

The people in Welch have an unbelievable thirst and desire to beat Bluefield. Last year when the Knights beat Bluefield in basketball at Bluefield they were a couple of older men and women sitting down and to the right of me. As the final seconds were running off the clock they were up celebrating and two of the women were saying things like: “Oh praise Jesus†and “Thank you Lord, thank you so much.†Needless to say I was taken back by all of that…lol

I heard that mt .view was moving last years qb to wr and was putting a sophmore at qb cuz he was better suited 2 make big plays and was a better passer but this is just a rumor.And in my judgement bluefield loses 1 game 4 sure being martinsburg but other possible losses woodrow and the g-men of course a loss to shady would b great but not very likely

mt.view did move last years QB to WR. their QB in a junior this year or atleast he was listed as a sophmore last year.

BR, when was the last time mt.veiw beat Bluefield in football? i thought last year mt.view had a good shot at beating them and apparently i was wrong. lol.