Hey Olewave, is Gate City coach going to Greenville?

yarlo

Brothers Barlo and Farlo were at the Scott Co. Market looking at hogs and heard that Coach C of Gate City was looking at the Greenville, TN head job opening. You or the SaltShaker know anything about this? East TN football would get a rude awakening and several headaches with his style of football.

Ya'll take care now

Whooooish; me being an old Grundy manager back in the sixties and listening to Neal Diamond on the radio in Spracher's office, it is hard to imagine that Ole Wave and SaltShaker could take their hog bodies and hog brains added together and figure out where Tennessee is, much less the Tiawannaagogo!

I don't know if them two heard anything or not. Between them they could not figure out where Greenville is. I heard he was going to take early retirement from Virginia, cross over to Tennessee and coach. If it is Greenville, it would not be a bad drive from his home he is in now. Not a bad place to coach football either!

• 1 month later...

I was told by a very reliable source that is a coach at Gate City that it will most likely be Sullivan Central and that Coach Colobro has put in a referral for Darren Reed (defensive coordinator at GC) to be the next head coach when he decides to go. The Gate City community will be irate if Coach Reed gets it. There is more qualified personnel that is currently on the staff and everyone there knows it. All of this coming from the mouths of those in Gate City that I know. Alot of the players/kids don't have much respect for Reed from what I'm hearing. It may be a little of a downfall for GC if the kids decide not to play for Reed. I've seen that happen before where there are established programs. But you never know all of this may never happen and Coach Colobro may decide not to leave after all. Personally I'd like to see him stay at GC. I love to watch him and Phil Robbins of PV coach against one another. They are very similar in alot of ways.