Grundy - G. Marcum

TheRebel

well right now everyone is at 0 yards, so it's up for grabs, whoever wants to be top dog has to earn the spot at this point.

Cain Ringstaff, Garon Marcum, Aaron Looney, Robert Henry, and Jose Wengerd are probably the top backs going in to the season...Tazewell might have a kid show up out of no where, but from what they are saying there will be 4 backs splitting the carries, so it might be a few weeks into the season before someone steps up from Tazewell as a leader.

As for Aaron Marcum, he will not decide where he wants to play college ball until after the season most likely, he is leaning heavy towards SMU in Dallas TX. He has several schools looking at him right now.

I hope Ringstaff will be that "top dog" but it remains to be seen if he can carry the load now that the focus of opposing defense's is on him rather than Timmy Brown. That's not a knock on Cain at all but it's hard to run against 9 in the box. Richlands will need to show the ability to pass to keep teams from stacking the line.

Garon Marcum is the best back in the swd hands down. He has some of the most unbelievable cutbacks and moves i've ever seen in such a young running back. I know, I blocked for him for 2 years. good luck garon, aaron, matt, jimmy, breck, and the rest of the grundy team.

go all the way this year boys!! wisecav72

i don't think that marcum is the best. he is good this year and may be the best next year but robert henry is definitely the sleeper. i think richlands has the best overall with cain, whaley, and jarryd harrison and caleb as the backups. although the marcum brothers are very good.

[ QUOTE ]

Is that marcum starting this thread??? Come on now. Don't be like that

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm...no...doesn't match Garon's IP numbers anyway....does match someone elses here, but I won't say who...but it's not Garon.

Not me on this one either. When i post you know its me. Garon doesnt post on here unless its something team related. He read all the trash about him on virginiapreps.com also and didnt say anything. He learned his lesson about this chatroom. He has better things to do. Despite what everyone thinks he is a good kid. Ask his teammates. I am his brother I should know.

Not hardly, ffr. The Marcum boys are training and practicing hard, they rarely if ever check this board. They are going into this season with an intensity unlike any before and I think they'll both do very well this season.

I've just been a bystanding vistor to this board for a while and then I finally decided to create an account. It's a good site for local football. It's fun to get on here and interact with other football fans in the area. Some people get too caught up in the art of talking smack though.

The bottom line is that wars are settled on a battleground, and football games are settled on a football field. It's not settled on a message board where some people write checks with their typing fingers that their ass can't cash.

Henry the sleeper? Funny virginiapreps has him in the top 50 players as a junior this year but garon is nowhere to be found but thats just talk. I hope henry has a good season but garons numbers speak for themselves. Give him the carries other backs have and his stats last year are only surpassed by bradshaw. Who despite what everyone in graham says is "irreplaceable". Garon is a good back. He is a lot faster this year but again he will post good numbers as long as he stays healthy. I look forward to grundy and richlands and grundy and graham they will be great games with great players going at it but to say garon is alone on his team is absurd.

You also have to picture in garon shares the ball with two other good backs.I read people saying that they would take the three backs in graham over garon. Well pound for pound grundys three backs are all proven and have produced. You wanna talk about sleepers and players overlooked how about the other two backs in grundys running game. Looney is a fast hard running back and aaron showed in preseason what a summer full of hardwork will get you. Sure kids practiced and lifted but only aaron, I, lance, garon and daniel know what kind of training he went through. And if you doubt how good he is like GMan has done saying he isnt fast enough to play college ball just keep watching this season. Around midseason he will post tackle 400 and if he has 20 more tackles than last season he will end his career with 500. Now thats a good number to me. But lets see what happens. GOod luck to everyone.

I have to agree on that one. If that's your logic, then you probably believe that the Chicago Bulls of '91-'93 and '96-'98 would have been better without Michael Jordan.

Cain has the potential to be great, he is strong, fast, and has a massive man of a full back in front of him. The only problem he is going to face is an inexperianced front line (sorry guys you know I love you, but at that Honaker game things didn't click all that smoothly). Zach Helton has never played OL his entire high school career, Sean Mullins who is going to be a good back has only seen limited action on the field. Hopefully seniors Michael Lester, Jessie Smith, Jared Smith, and Jeremy "Shockey" Keene (one of the best tight ends around migh I add) can hold the group together. So once these guys get everything worked out I see Cain having another spectacular season. Oh does anyone know when Garret comes back for his injury?

after everything is said and done, the three top runningbacks will have to turn out to be- Ringstaff, Henry, and G. Marcum i think they will all have a shot at the SWVA player of the year. good luck teams!! Finally football season. cant wait till saturday.

i agree, garron is a great player and person i am from grundy and go to all the games so i should know what is goin on. Garron should be the top back in swva. but that is just my opinion. good luck Garron, Aaron, Tigh, Theo, Jimmy, Penley, and all other players. go out there and kick some butt. GO GRUNDY!!

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Now if you know so much about the RHS line you should have known he has been back. And S. Mullins is not a runnin back.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry I meant to say center, looks like these guys proved me wrong they did a good job making a hole for Cain, Chris, Jarryd, and Caleb against Tazewell. Hopefully they will do the same against the Waves, oh and that post was made a few days after the Honaker game in which Garret sat out due to injury.