Just a second here!

dmspartan

There seems to be a little confusion here.

The winner of Richlands/Carroll County must play the winner of Grundy/Tazewell. Should Grundy win their game versus Tazewell, then the winner of Richlands/Carroll County is assured the #2 seed from the Southwest. Then the 3rd place game with the loser of Grundy/Tazewell versus the loser of Richlands/Carroll County is for the #3 seed UNLESS Grundy loses to Tazewell County which would THEN mean that Tazewell County would play the winner of the Richlands/Carroll County - with the winner getting the #2 seed and the loser getting the #3 seed.

There seems to be a GREAT MANY people who are convinced that RICHLANDS already has the #3 seed "locked-up" - people in Martinsville as well as people in SW Virginia. ALL that's been decided SO FAR is the fact that Grundy has the #1 seed.

AND PLEASE RE-READ MY PREVIOUS POST ABOUT THE DIRECTIONS TO THE 'DOGHOUSE!

THANK YOU!

[ QUOTE ]

So is the 9 team regional tourney just in Region IV, or is it in all of AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not 9 teams...it's 8. 3 from swd, 3 from piedmont and 2 from highlands. and the lucky 2 teams may be the 2 that are from the highlands and swd that don't play a pd team in the opening round. especially if bassett (and not tunstall) gets the 3rd seed out of the piedmont, i don't see any pd teams losing in the regionals to any non-pd teams...no smack intended, just my opinion.

This is how the PD tournament looks at this point. Martinsville has the #1 seed and is set to play the #3 seed from the SWD. MagnaVista, by virtue of beating Tunstall last night, has the #2 seed in hand. Bassett plays Tunstall for the #3 seed Saturday at 3pm, and the winner of that game will play the #1 seed from the SWD, the Grundy Golden Wave, in Grundy.

I think Grundy can beat the PD #3. I know Bassett lost a LOT from last years team and so did Grundy but based on the players I know that return for Bassett I think Grundy can beat them.

I dont think the same can be said for the SWD #2 or 3 teams though. If Richlands can come out firing and have somebody step up from outside besides Mulkey, they will be in a game. If they rely on Mulkey to do all hte outisde scoring, I dont see them being in the game at all. Richlands has plenty of athletes to compete but most of those athletes are far from basketball machines. Athleticism will only take you so far.

Martinsville as the #1 seed in the Piedmont is scheduled to play the #2 seed from the Southwest, which is Richlands. The #3 seed from the Southwest is scheduled to play the #1 seed from the Highlands, which is Virginia High. Grundy as the #1 from the Southwest will be playing the #3 from the Piedmont.

And Martinsville is a much tougher opponent than Bassett this season as well.

And where was that comment when they were riding that to the loss to Graham, who didnt make the tournament at all?

I was just stating an opinion. Sorry if you dont like it but one win doesnt mean they are the better team. Look at the entire body of work.

Couldn't agree more. Just stating that either of the two teams are capable of beating the other which has been proven this year. Basketball is unlike any other sport. Whichever team is hot on that particular night is the one that more often than not is going to win. Almost every team has losses that shouldn't have happened, such as Grundy's loss to Northwood.