Blues and Dawgs-predictions? Game of the Week?

richlands76

Do you really think that the dawgs have a chance of beating the blues this friday? The blues have a much bigger and experienced line. If richlands gets the procedure penalties ironed out fans could be in for a blow out. Especially after richlands losing last year on a last second field goal. Look for richlands to come out and put them away early <font color="blue"> </font>

Tazewell can beat them. Richlands will give up a lot on the ground and I think Tazewell pulls out the upset 28-21.

The Richlands offense didn't look all that good to me against GC, and Tazewell should put a lot more pressure on the QB this week than GC did last week. I think that the key to stopping Richlands is pressure on the QB and stopping the option, and I think Coach Wyatt can stop the option with the boys he has.

If Richlands can get up by 14 points or more, it will be interesting if Tazewell can come from behind again.

Tazewell has a couple of things going for them this week:

1) A new coach with a new attitude. (Something they'll have all season and with each win it'll become more so.)

2) A very emotional come from behind win from last week.

3) A even greater belief in themselves and coaching staff after last week's win.

4) A heart-breaking loss by Richlands in OT to Gate City.

5) JR Wilson--Just might be the best player in the SWD this year.

Richlands is the favorite without a doubt, but it's a rivalry game. Plus, Tazewell did beat them last year when everyone thought Richlands would roll. Richlands has the pressure to win and Tazewell is playing the underdog, no pun intended, role. I've not seen either team, so I cannot make an informed decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tazewell won.

Is Tazewell as talanted and well-coached as Gate City? Outside of pulling off the upset in a rivalry game, what are Tazewell's chances across the table?

From the sound of things, Richlands is being sold short after failing to beat a Gate City team that people are cautious about saying how good to great they are.

Well..I think the rivalry has a lot to do with it...Tazewell is at home, they are coming off a big win (for them anyway) in which they came from behind, I went to the GC vs. Richlands game, and I was not that impressed with the Richlands offense, I felt GC could have put them away before the half if they had relaxed the defense a little and blitzed...The Wells kid (QB) is good, but he seems to me to be still trying to figure out the offense a little...they ran the option a lot and he loves to take off with the ball...I think Tazewell has a good enough defense to answer this type of threat. The variable being Ringstaff...one of the fastest running backs I have seen to the hole...if they can key on him and make the QB do the work, and I think they can...then yes they can beat Richlands.

I think Tazewell has nothing to lose in this game or this season and they are more apt to take chances or be a little more loose than Richlands...and to me that makes up a lot of ground...Richlands can not afford to drop this game IMHO if they want to win the district out right.

GC did not look that great the other night either, I talked to a few of their fans sitting around me and they all said the same thing...they have made changes to the offense and the D from last years team and they will probably be ok in the long run, but they looked a little out of sync all night on both sides of the ball...but it was the first game so...to be expected i guess.

I just think Tazewell will come in to this game hungry and looking for respect, and if they win...being 2-0 in the district will make people take them much more serious.

[ QUOTE ]

The Richlands offense didn't look all that good to me against GC, and Tazewell should put a lot more pressure on the QB this week than GC did last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

1)Ringstaff had 148 yards against a very good Gate City defense. Most of it was 3 yards at a time but 148 yards none the less. A lot of it came inside, not on the option.

2) Tazewell gave up a lot of points to a Carroll County team that most people picked to finish last. Apparently they didn't get much pressure on that QB. I'm going to venture to say that Gate City could have.

Tazewell will come into this game feeling confident after putting up so many points against Carroll County. Richlands will get the procedure problems worked out and will suffer no let down from the loss to Gate City.

Richlands 48

Tazewell 7

I think that tazewell had a huge win against C.C. last week, but I think that richlands is still good enough to beat tazewell. Although if tazewell can play enough heart and enthusiasm they might make it interesting.

Tazewell 28 Richlands 35

also one last prediction... Grundy 53 Shelby Valley 8

go wave! CO CAVS!! wisecav72

Richlands has already made changes, to correct blunders from last week, Plus Tatum returns to starting position on both sides of the ball. Bottom line is throw away last week's performance, this week will be a barn burner. As far as our good friends from grundy area, your replacing good judgement with hope, Richlands will defeat the Bulldogs nad then we're coming across short's gap afta the WAVE!

28 Richlands 7 Tazewell. Your right Tatum returns this week. You got Jennings and Tatum on punt returns thats dangerous in its self right there.Hopefully we can get rid of the penelties that dogged us last week. If we can do that Tazewell hasn't got a chance.

Go Blues!!!!!

I thought Tatum had to serve a two- game suspension? O well, Richlands will blow out Tazewell, none the less I am coming to it. I feel that Thad will have a good game, if he is quarterback, because if they worry about Cain to much, he can cause about as much damage with his feet too.

Are yall crazy saying that Tazewell doesnt have a chance i dont know where that came from i guess a dream or something you all have forgotten that this is a rivalry game and it will be close. Tazewell does have a real good chance of winning with they post at least 21. Richlands does have a good back in Ringstaff and speed in Tatum but Tazewell is hungry. I wouldnt miss this one!

Smell ya lata........

Richlands does have a back in Ringstaff and speed in Tatum but what happens when they get cracked a couple of times by the linebackers from t-town they get ----broke---. Tazewell has a new attitude and are hungry for a 2-0 start and two district wins. Tazewell got em last year 12-10 and they went 1-9, so when it comes to rivalry Tazewell is up for it. This will be a game to see. Beware of the Dawgs rrrrrrr.....

Smell ya lata....

Sounds like Tazewell is turning it around for sure but you just can't give up that many points to a young Carroll County team and expect to beat Richlands. They are too big, too strong and too fast this year. It is a rivalry game and there will be a lot of emotion involved but I can't see it turning out like last year. I was at that game and Tazewell played great but in all honesty Richlands handed it to them on a silver platter.

I wish Tazewell well this season but I can't see them beating Richlands, Grundy or Graham.

Guest old_school

Tazewell had 5 turnovers Friday night and that led to most of CC scoring. Take away the turnovers and Tazewell would have been better off going into the 4th. Once the first game jitters calmed down Tazewell looked really good, they may be better than people expect.

Oh, I am, but I'm not playing,Just a fan of good football, and this year I have read alot about Grundy. Just cant wait till they play a real team and quit picking on those KY schools.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, I am, but I'm not playing,Just a fan of good football, and this year I have read alot about Grundy. Just cant wait till they play a real team and quit picking on those KY schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me 2! hahaha!

Tazewell is excited and yes they have talent, depth will be an issue, this is where Richlands will prevail. they have 42 kids on the varsity roster and you will see more substitutions then in years past. as we all know these earlier games really test conditioning and the temp is hot for those players. People forget about the fullback= Whaley. he is ready to exploid against the DAWGS.