SWD Girls basketball

realtrueblue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to tell u the truth i dont think their is one true best player..hunter from tazewell scores a lot, roberts from graham is probably their leading scorer, the keene girl from richlands is solid..carroll county has several good players and scorers and grundy isnt very good so i'd say its anyone's opinion

Hunter is good and Keene is too, dont know anything about CC or Graham so yea. Are either one of these two going to play sum b-ball newhere...i know Keene is only a junior but if shes worth being looked at then shes already bein looked at....i know hardly anyone does around here in any sport but just wondering.

smart player, great skill set, excellent attitude, and she just makes good things happen. skill-wise, i'd put her and hunter even, but her leadership and other intangible things push her over the top, imo.

sutherland has got a ton of potential and is very dangerous as a shooter. she needs to get stronger (she will as she grows into herself) and mature a bit as far as her decision-making goes. player of the year? not yet, but certainly a strong, strong candidate in the years to come.

Sam Rice said it best..."we are not one player...we are the lady wave!" someone was so thrilled with the motto that someone framed it and put it in the school office...so now you are living with it! LOL !!! You went from first to worst!!!! Go lady wave!!

yes but according to the coach it is not a rebuilding year. Grundy was supposed to WIN district. a true coach nows his players, their limitations and their talents and can get the team to work together.

[ QUOTE ]

yes but according to the coach it is not a rebuilding year. Grundy was supposed to WIN district. a true coach nows his players, their limitations and their talents and can get the team to work together.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, a good coach does all of those things. and give the man a break--one of his best players transferred out. graham came seemingly out of nowhere, and both tazewell and carroll had significant personnel losses from their teams last season. thing is, all three teams also had some freshmen really step up and contribute. that's a hard thing to predict. "supposed to?" that's why they play the game.

I think that Watts and Webb from Carroll, Hunter from Tazwell, Kenne from richlands and One the post players from graham. Should make up the top 5 with Watts or Webb being player of the year. Coach Motley being coach of the year. It will be intersting to see who comes out when they are released,