SWD Girls basketball

realtrueblue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so everyone is saying different ppl i mean it'll come down to who works the hardest until next basketball season! Someone fill in the ones i leave blank! but here are the best per team!

Tazewell- Kelsey Sutherland (will be a sophmore)

Richlands- Jenny Kenne ( will be a senior)

Graham-

Carrol County- Watts (will be a senior)

Grundy- If she isnt a senior i think #12 was all they had

Marion-

all i can say is i'm going to try my best next year to lead the lady dogs i think i can do it. i'm going to do what ever it takes to be the best but i will get stronger and i will be more confindent when basketball comes back around...

I'd lay odds that the Region IV coaches will vote Hunter on before Watts -- Keene automatically makes it -- Hunter played against Abingdon and VA High in the regular season and had great games against them all 4 times --

Everybody is talking like Hunter and Keene are great players in a strong league. They are not. Thay are above average players on really bad teams. They have to score 25 points just so their teams have a chance of winning. My point is if they are as good as some people make them sound then they would be leading their team to victory in this district instead of third and fourth place with records well below .500. I would take Watts over any of them because not only does she score point but she also makes her teamates better and they win ball game. It would be like Thorton from FSU being name player of the year in the ACC. I don't see that happening!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Everybody is talking like Hunter and Keene are great players in a strong league. They are not. Thay are above average players on really bad teams. They have to score 25 points just so their teams have a chance of winning. My point is if they are as good as some people make them sound then they would be leading their team to victory in this district instead of third and fourth place with records well below .500. I would take Watts over any of them because not only does she score point but she also makes her teamates better and they win ball game. It would be like Thorton from FSU being name player of the year in the ACC. I don't see that happening!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well bud! they are great players! have you seen them play? i mean if u havent u have no room to talk! also do u even play basketball? First, how can one player win a game? i mean if they are scoring 25 points a game they're doing something right! i mean you have to have a average supporting cast in kennes case! i mean her other girls are not basketball material! i mean they are all to scared of contact and play off too much! also tazewell was really good last year with hunter,muncy,jones,sam,zachlyn and if i left someone off sorry! but i mean if u saw them last year then u would know! and this year her team was younger and lessl experience! and watts? i mean she is good but i mean she had a very good supporting cast with her other 4 girls that played with her! they were all experienced and had been playing together for sometime!

Have seen them play and I think they are not very good. I also played basketball so I know what a Player of the Year should look like and Keene is not it what was Richlands and Tazewell records. Like I said it was a bad league this year maybe with the addition of Abindgon then the basketball will pick--up. Also tell me the last time banytime beside Carroll have won a region game the 2000 season maybe.(Grundy when they went to the final 8 in the state with the Farmer girl and cast. She was a good player. She went Longwood and played. SO I DO KNOW WHAT PLAYER OF THE YEARS LOOK LIKE AND HUNTER AND KEENE ARE NOT IT!!!!

Tazewell played in the Elite 8 last year with Hunter pushing them the entire way. Last night I was in Christiansburg watching the game between JJ Kelly and Floyd County and Kylee Beecher from Hidden Valley spoke of how good Hunter was last year against them -- I am not from Tazewell -- from Richlands actually but the best and most talented player should get the POY -- it should not be political -- ask Motley which player if he had the choice would he have on his team -- I have and he was asked after the voting for the SWD teams and he said "HUNTER" -- she would take the starting point position away from WATTS without question and would start on most any team in the state -- go to the state tournament -- I have been every year for 24 years -- and she would be able to compete with any guard on the floor A, AA, or AAA teams --

Additionally, points are not the most important stat -- rebound, assists, steals, and few turnovers make up the total picture -- Allie lead the district in steals and assists and points. Tazewell was young and she played a different role this year -- I only wish Allie could have been a Jr. this year and last year's Sr. were back with this years 3 freshman -- Kelsey does a great job scoring but the other 2 freshman do a really good job too.

Also in the Region voting a coach cannot vote for his own player -- and remember Tazewell does not get a vote at all -- Carroll and Graham are the voting members from the SWD and neither of those voted for Allie for POY in the SWD as I understand it. But Allie did play hard against 3 of the 6 voting members -- VA High, Abingdon, and Bassett and all of these coaches saw her last year with her different supporting cast.

Also as I understand it Motley gets $500 if he is he Coach of the Year and $500 if he has the POY on his team -- so his motives maybe a little skewed.

[ QUOTE ]

SO I DO KNOW WHAT PLAYER OF THE YEARS LOOK LIKE AND HUNTER AND KEENE ARE NOT IT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes i've seen them both play alot! i have went to tazewell and richlands! and now i'm back in tazewell as a junior and u played? so your out of school? Also i cant say hunter will get to play agiasnt your so calld "better swd" next year! but she'll be in UVA playing! But Jenny will play agianst them and we'll just see how that all turns out! Also you know how player of the year looks like? apparently not cuz those two got it bud! so i think u might wanna double check that!

[ QUOTE ]

the best and most talented player should get the POY -- it should not be political -- ask Motley which player if he had the choice would he have on his team...

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

Also as I understand it Motley gets $500 if he is he Coach of the Year and $500 if he has the POY on his team...

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that postseason voting shouldn't be political, but it always is. (see: region iv voting) seems to me that if motley thought hunter was such a fabulous player, he would have voted for her for swd player of the year instead of watts. furthermore, seeing as hunter only received one coach's vote for poy--her own--every other team in the district feels the same way. no one questions her talent, but her on-court attitude certainly leaves something to be desired. imo, she wasn't even the best player on her own team, sutherland was. and yes, i know she's young.

oh, and by the way, i'd bet the proverbial farm that hunter's not in an acc uniform at uva next season. intramurals, sure. an invitation to walk on is not a scholarship offer, it's a pacifying tool. if she elects to try out, coach ryan and staff will find that she's just not d-1 material. and, she's not. neither are keene or watts. it's just the way it is.

like carrollfan, i can also speak up and say that your "understanding" is false, not to mention a violation of every moral, ethical, and vhsl regulation that ever existed.