SWD Girls basketball

realtrueblue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is confidential until all district teams that advanced to regional play are finished with regional play. all swd girls teams lost on monday, and afterwards, some coaches elected to reveal the honors to their players and others. happens all the time.

the way it typically works is whoever gets each district's poy automatically gets 1st team all-region, but with the swd having co-poy, it'll be interesting to see if it pans out that way this year. that's why co-poy is a stupid idea: someone usually gets left out.

[ QUOTE ]

it is confidential until all district teams that advanced to regional play are finished with regional play. all swd girls teams lost on monday, and afterwards, some coaches elected to reveal the honors to their players and others. happens all the time.

the way it typically works is whoever gets each district's poy automatically gets 1st team all-region, but with the swd having co-poy, it'll be interesting to see if it pans out that way this year. that's why co-poy is a stupid idea: someone usually gets left out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Co-POY, who are the two?

Yeah, but one was voted higher in the final vote and is the only one to be automatically placed on the region IV team -- it was Keene from RHS voted higher -- wonder if Watts will make the All Region Team???

if one's voted higher in the final vote, it makes sense that she would be the sole poy, not co. why even have co, in that case? if the coaches had to decide between the two, it must've come down to a coin flip or something random if keene is, in fact, rated higher than watts. standout player who leads team to reg. season and tourney titles vs. standout player on a very minimally talented team that went nowhere. that's a no-brainer.

idk if both co's will make 1st team reg. iv, but i'd lay odds that both of them would before hunter. it's extremely rare to skip over players like that.

How can Keene even be mention in the same breath as Watts. Keene team finish 4 out of 5 teams. They didn't even make the play-offs. Watts was the key to Carroll. The Coaches should be a shame of their vote. One of the two will have to be choosen for the player of the Year for all region. How about Coach of the Year

[ QUOTE ]

Because it's not "Best Player on the Best Team Award."

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. nor is it the "player whose talent is magnified because her team is horrible" award. it's far more difficult to stand out on a team that's good than on a team where you're, literally, their everything.

watts would slaughter keene one-on-one. hey, maybe they could settle it that way! haha

[ QUOTE ]

You can't get an assist one-on-one.

[/ QUOTE ]

quite true. and i'm guessing keene didn't have many assists on the season either, seeing as she was busy having to score in order to keep richlands semi-competitive.

neither of them deserve region iv poy, imo. not this year. swd coy, imo, should go to wyatt, from graham.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You can't get an assist one-on-one.

[/ QUOTE ]

quite true. and i'm guessing keene didn't have many assists on the season either, seeing as she was busy having to score in order to keep richlands semi-competitive.

neither of them deserve region iv poy, imo. not this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I watched both regular season RHS THS games, and there wasn't a player for Richlands that impressed me at all. I don't even think I saw a player during the whole game used both hands to dribble.

But your Team should be somewhat respectable. Richlands lost to Carroll by 35 each time and even if Keene score they were not enough. POY should be a player that makes other player around you better. If keene was that good then she would have made Richlands respectable

[ QUOTE ]

But your Team should be somewhat respectable. Richlands lost to Carroll by 35 each time and even if Keene score they were not enough. POY should be a player that makes other player around you better. If keene was that good then she would have made Richlands respectable

[/ QUOTE ]

have you seen the richlands girls play alot? yes i agree with you on that the player should make the other players around them better! but jenny is a very good player! and she does get her team invovled but in some games her team cant do nothing! she makes everything happen for them! she cant control what team shes on. So i think she deserves it i've seen jenny play last year and this year and she is a great ball player! and even a better all around person! i mean i'm not saying the other girls didnt fit the role of POY but jenny got it and thats that! and i dont see to much stoping her next year! being her senior year she'll probally take her game to another level!

i saw 3 of their games, and i was more impressed with her heart than her talent. she did absolutely nothing against graham and carroll--teams that had enough sense to play defense against her.

i definitely agree that great players make those around them better, but in fairness, though, a faith healer probably couldn't have made richlands better this year. they had quite a lean year.

[ QUOTE ]

being her senior year she'll probally take her game to another level!

[/ QUOTE ]

She will be better. But did you ever think that it's watts' senior year also. And she has already started getting ready for next season. She'll be tough, and Jenny Keene better be getting ready.

I dont know for sure about kelsey sutherland next year compared to those senior girls! but give her two years and get her some body weight and calm down a little bit! i think she will be one of the best girls to play at tazewell! she had 316 points this year as a freshman. thats up there for girls their freshman year.

[ QUOTE ]

sutherland, hands down, should have been second team all-swd instead of morrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes your right but morrow is a post player is why she got it i think!

[ QUOTE ]

Perdue from Abingdon will be the best player in the SWD next year. Sutherland will be close behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

idk about all that. my money's on watts, so long as she finds a balance between maintaining her focus/motivation and playing tight. she'll have a lot riding on this upcoming season, and seems to typically perform well in such situations.