Martinsburg

bluefieldRocks

All you need to know is that they'll be the toughest team Bluefield faces this year. They've been ranked #1 in AAA for much of the past three seasons and lost in the AAA title game last season. Their QB, Nate Sowers, is one of the favorites to win the Kennedy Award, which goes to the state's best player, and he's considered one of the best high school QBs in the entire country. The Bulldogs will come into Bluefield and throw the football all over the field.

[ QUOTE ]

so in other words this game wont even be close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Martinsburg will be a tough game, but Bluefield will show up to play and I'm sure with something to prove against a quality AAA opponent. Martinsburg will be favored to win, but I don't see it being a blowout by any means.

I honestly believe that the Beavers will beat Martinsburg and by at least 10 points. If Coach Simon can come up with a game plan to contain Stowers then it might not even be close!!! Bluefield has too many weapons for the Bulldogs to contain.

[ QUOTE ]

I honestly believe that the Beavers will beat Martinsburg and by at least 10 points. If Coach Simon can come up with a game plan to contain Stowers then it might not even be close!!! Bluefield has too many weapons for the Bulldogs to contain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can only hope you're right. However, Martinsburg will be a stern test for the Beavers and they will have to play their best...

I agree with you that they will have to play their best, but I think this is Bluefields year (and they are loaded) and I dont see anyone beating them........except maybe Wayne or Weir in the Championship game, but after being there the last two years, I dont think they can lose a third. If so, Freddy will be gone...just joking

My honest opinion is that Bluefield has the potential to defeat Martinsburg. Not just because of the "any game" potential, but just simply outplaying them.

The team must play 1 game at a time and concern themselves with them the week before the game though, not at this point, Bluefield seemed unstoppable early last season before the oak hill game as well.

But that said, as for martinsburg, I'm certain they're a formidable team, but I honestly doubt they'll be expecting what bluefield will be able to throw at them on o, and I'm not certain they see many teams in the regular season with bluefield's speed. I also think they play a different less physical type of football in that pandhandle. I'm certain they've been for real though, don't get me wrong, but I hardly think this is a game where bluefield must "upset" them to defeat them. It might be a surprise, but not to those who know how good this bluefield team can be if they continue to impress as they have.

From what I've seen, granted against 2 teams who with all due respect are not "as strong" as they were in '03, bluefield's D is not quite as strong as it was in '03 maybe, but I don't hesitate to say their O is considerable better.

So far I've been very impressed with bluefield's balance on o, and the play calling this season is to thie point like I've never seen it before. They've done exceptionally well to this point.

Pc is looking to be a very formidable and strong team in va. more and more, and I honestly doubt martinsburg will be equal to them physically overall, except maybe in size along the line. But pc as I've written had size, strength and speed, as much as any aaa team in wv.

Riverside played them very close at martinsburg.

The game being at mitchell stadium is a big advantage for bluefield.

In my opinion the martinsburg game is a game bluefield can do well in, but they have other games before to be concerned with. 1 game at a time.