Predictions for Bluefield Vs. Woodrow

Beaver_Pride

Please don't show up and start trash talking with your first post. Bluefield has absolutely no reason to talk trash anyone (except for a little before the Graham game). There is surely no reason to get on here and start calling Beckley's line "weak" or any other type nonsense like that. Beckley has a fine program and is coached by a former Bluefield player in John Lilly, so show a little respect.

Bluefield fans expecting Friday night to be easy need to remember a couple of previous athletic competitions versus Beckley. First, last season in basketball when Beckley rolled into Bluefield looking unbeatable and many thinking the Beavers had no chance to win. Well, the Beavers outplayed Beckley and did win. The situation on Friday night seems similar to that basketball game last January.

Second, remember the 1999 football season and the only regular season loss. Bluefield went up to Beckley and jumped on the Eagles early taking a 14-0 lead in the first quarter. It looked as if it was going to be easy and then it happen. Jared Sudduth was sacked about the 50-yardline and fumbled, which Beckley picked up and ran back for the touchdown. The momentum changed instantly and Beckley would eventually won that game on a last second FG, 24-21. Anything can and sometimes does happen. Just remember Oak Hill last year. Games aren't won on paper, they're won on the field.

This Beckley team has never won from what I hear in jr. high they went 1-15 and the only win was when they played each other. The coaching staff at Beckley does a good job but ever so often you get a bunch of kids that don't know how to win.

i hate to say it but i think he may start on D so rusty can move to MLB. this isnt a given by all means its just hear say. and repass has the speed, i dont know if you remember Anthony Hayes who played at princeton. but johnathon out ran him to be the fastest player on princetons team last year.

I know what you're sayin, that said though coburn is 1 of those qb's who's tough and provides a lot of physical play on d, he put some big tackels on players on d in '03, especially on plays that go to the outside.

In my opinion he's tough enough to warrant the risk and he compliments the d to much.

I'd rather not have Rusty play defense either, but he's one of the tone setters for the defense and he’s needed on the field. He's savvy and is the QB on defense as much as the QB on offense. He is also big, physical, and loves to hit. He has delivered numerous nasty hits on defense over the past two years.

He and Daniel Wells formed one of the, if not the best linebacker combo in the state last year. They're what linebackers should be, mean and nasty.