SWVA-Football--(Powell Valley vs Breathitt)

hardtrail

After watching the PV-Breathitt game, It is obvious that PV and their size is no match for shere toughness! If Gate City keeps improving week after week as usual, PV will have their hands full. This will be a real "barn buner," and what is surly to be the game of the week when they meet! wink.gif

We've got a long way to go too at the moment. Defensively we're pretty stout. We're sputtering on offense, but hopefully it'll come around by then. As long as the guys take it one game at a time, we'll be just fine. I said after the first game that they showed tremendous heart in beating a very good Richlands team. Richlands is showing me I wasn't wrong.

Early prediction:

Powell Valley will win at Legion.

35-14

Pound has improved, but if GC only beat them 21-7!!!!!

PV should have a solid win against GC. Look for them to own the LPD and Region D crowns this year. If PV hadn't dropped two passes in the end zone Friday night they could have possibly won against the #2 rated AA football team in Kentucky. Considering who they played I think they did okay. Don't think GC could fair as well as PV did against Breathitt. But then again, you never know.

Breathitt had some monsters on offense too! Did you see the size of #71,70, and 73? #71 looked bigger than GC's Zach Jones who is the best lineman in Region D.

Can anyone tell me about Tazewell this year? Haven't heard anything about them. Just wondering if it would be worth going to the GC/Tazewell game or if GC will clobber them??

I have to agree with Howdyfans. The best I can remember the program had the right tackle #73 from Breathitt listed at

6-4, 315lb. Barry Jones, Zach's dad, former Defensive Coordinator at PV for about 17/18 seasons has told us that Zach has even lost some weight since last year. He's still huge and an awesome player!

Barry by the way was the reason for PV's defensive success in the 80's and 90's. Great defensive coach!!! Without a doubt he has been a great asset to the GC program. PV's defense has struggled some since his departure, don't know if they will ever get another one like him or not..........

WE SURE DO MISS HIM!