Anyone think this weeks games will be postponed?

BigD4VT

Hurricane Ivan is supposed to pass right over us after weakening to a tropical depression. Weather.com forecasts heavy rain during the day Friday but just mostly cloudy at night. I would guess all that heavy rain will make the fields unplayable. More rain is forecast for Saturday so who knows when the games could be made up if they are postponed.

it will just depend on what kind of field the team would be playin on.. i would say a lot of the games will be moved to thursday due to the big chances of rain. i doubt they will play saturday because the field would not be in any better of condition.

It looks like a big one. It will only be a tropical depression by the time it reaches us but can still bring a lot of rain and wind. I sat thru the VT vs Texas A&M game last year during Hurricane Isabel but we were on the western edge where it's weakest. This one could track right over SW Virginia which would make the conditions worse than Isabel. After the rain we had last week I think flooding is the biggest concern.

Could be an interesting Friday if Hurricane Ivan roles in and the games are played as scheduled! Let's give it up for the "small schools" if they have to play in the storm that might give them a bit of an advantage. Hurricanes are Hell but loosing is too! wink.gif