Lets go Grundy!

GrundyWinsAll

Unfortunately I won't be there, but I'll be there in Wave spirit. From what I've heard about Paintsville, it sounds like they have a good team this year with a 4-0 record and a talented rushing attack. But our rushing attack and offense are forces to be reckoned with and our defense is a proven run-stopper. Unfortunately for Paintsville, they have caught us in pissed-off mode. Hurricane Ivan may hit the shores but a Golden Tidal Wave is going to strike at Nelson Memorial Field on Thursday night.

Good luck Wave, keep me posted and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, on paper it should be a good game, but so was the Richlands game, it just kills me to have the best tailbacks in the region and possibly in Grundy history and only have 2 lineman who can block. But rest assure that Grundy will come out slinging that pigskin like the Dolphins in the 80's. Even with the weak line" excluding Matt Lee and Breck" they can still rush for over 300 a game. If Grundy will put their faith in the Marcums and A.W. Looney then I don't believe anyone can stop them. Keep the ball out of the air and let thr train roll over everyone. Choo-Choo

I personally don't think it will be a close game at all, Grundy will run all over the Tigers of Paintsville. True, they are 4-0 but have faced very weak competition up to this point. The four teams they have faced are a combined 3-12, with one of those victories coming from two of those teams facing each other (Raceland 1-3, Allen Central 2-2, Jenkins 0-3, Fleming Neon 0-4). Paintsville is a very small school, less than 250 students in grades 9-12. They'll play tough but it won't be enough to hang with the Wave. Grundy has too much for them, trust me. Even their own fans are calling for their demise & admit their opponents so far haven't been what you call "quality opponents" (link below):

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=46207

On another note: Jenkins, Fleming-Neon and Whitesburg (I think) will be no more after this year. Consolidation will take place and form Letcher Co. Central. With these three schools combining, their enrollment should be a little over 1000. That possibly could be a good opponent for scheduling in the future for some Virginia teams looking for KY competition. This will be good for Fleming-Neon & Jenkins area gridiron players especially since both programs have been way way down for years now. Jenkins' head coach left just prior to one season not too long ago that was beginning to start & the whole schedule was scrapped...they didn't play a game.

Sorry, back on subject...this won't be much of a game IMHO. Grundy will take a 30+ point win tonight, would be more if the weather wasn't supposed to be inclimate.