PV 55, John I. Burton 20

trumpet1988

Burton really ran their mouths this week and in the end they embarrassed themselves. Brad Robbins is for real. Proud of him. Also Delmas Lawson who is now a starting wide reciever i believe is one of the best freshman i have seen since god knows how long.

Yeah, another (Brad and Dad) show, and against who, another smaller team and School! To bad the other players get very little recognition if any, but little to be said with a Father and Son coach and QB team. Yeppers---the (Brad and Dad) show!

I've read all this "trash talk" bs all over the place. The "What If" slogan was used by coaches at Burton to motivate their kids to practice hard and play hard this week. What if we prepare this week? What if we execute our offense? What if we.... What do people expect coaches to do? What kind of coach would walk in and say "well guys we have to play the mighty Vikings, so we may as well take all week off, and not even try to play hard...just don't get hurt"? It amazes me that people would consider that trash talk. I would expect a coach to be fired if they didn't try to get their kids motivated. On a side note, I was fortunate enough to get to go to this game and I will say that PV is a very good football team and will do well this season. I also think that Burton is a good D-1 team and should do well also. It was a good game to watch, and I seen nothing but sportsmanship on the field......not trash talk.

I sure am glad that someone else seen it that way as well. I don't blame the coaches and players at GC for using it as motivation to prepare to play Burton, but to consider that trash talking is crazy. I am sure that Burton has some players that talk trash, but so does every other school. From what I understand, it was an "in-house" challenge to the players to prepare for the game and play hard, no matter who the opponent is. It wasn't until an article on tricitiessports.com that anyone else knew of it, so that cannot be considered talking trash. The coach at Burton should be commended for trying to get the most out of kids when he probably knew that a whipping was coming.

The larger schools in the LPD have no choice but to play Division 1 teams. Whoever is in the district you have to play them..... So, why are you coming down on PV for playing smaller schools in the LPD? They simply have to.

If you will take a look at PV and GC's schedules they always play larger schools when not having to play within the district. Alot of the other Division 2 schools won't do this.

Also, the newspapers have hyped up this so called 'Brad and Dad' thing.......not the Big Stone community. The PV fans and the players love to talk about TB/LB Patrick McKinney, LB Cody Pleasant, and WR Cagle Juhan. I guarantee you if you walked into a place of business in Big Stone Gap you will here more about these three players than 'Brad and Dad'.