Holston 0

Lebanon 47

Northwood 0

George Wythe 20

Rural Retreat 6

Patrick Henry 28

Chilhowie 6

--

all scores courtesy www.bristolnews.com (BHC newspaper's site)

Re: hhstigerfan

Remember the old saying, "that's why they play the games."

Hurley isn't expected to win, because everyone thinks of them as the scrubs of the BDD.

You see those guys go out there every week and they play like they have nothing to lose, because they don't. They leave everything out there because no one expects anything of them, but they're proving alot of the doubters wrong so far.

I would love to see Honaker or Haysi field 16 players and come away with the same results, especially with the lack of players all around. The lack of players at the skill positions and the lack of size on the line would make you believe this team should be 0-10, easily. Which they should be.

But nuh-uh!

Now am I saying Hurley can/will beat Haysi or Honaker, nope. I know they probably won't, but don't let Honaker roll over to The Cliff this year with a cocky attitude, or when Hurley travels to Saltville, Haysi shouldn't either. If so, Hurley might just turn a few of your fans heads.

From what I understand, Mr. Patrick had a monster game last night against Haysi.

He alone will kill Hurley's DB's, because of their lack of size.

Honaker can/will win the game because of their talent, but Honaker better come with the same state of mind they had against Haysi last night. If they expect a cake walk, they'll be in a dog fight.

honaker played good.. they came out strong and scored on the first play.. they were promised a place in playoffs and i know because after the game everyone was talking about it. besides i would know my bf plays for them!!!