Who wins, Va. Tech or WVU?

Bluefield_Rules

What Region are you from  

1. 1. What Region are you from

I wasn't at the game today but Tech fans have said Hokie students were chanting ACC ACC and OVERRATED when the WVU fans began throwing stuff at them.

I was at the game two years ago and saw "with my own eyes" a WVU fan sitting in our section who had the most filthy mouth I have ever heard. There were women and children (including my nephew) all around while he was bragging about having sex with his sister (except he chose a different word). Fortunately he was quietly removed from the premises.

WVU fans have done nothing for the past year and a half except spew some of the most hateful comments I have ever heard/read. They have gone from being one of our favorite rivalries to one we don't want anything to do with.

We could argue this all night, but I think you would agree anytime you have 65,000-70,000 people at a college football game on ANY college campus and BOTH sides are drinking then problems will occur, I'm just saying WV fans are not the only ones who get rowdy but it always seems they end up being the ONLY ones at fault for some reason. You said you are getting your info from Tech fans. Do you really think they are going to say the Tech fans started it? Like I said BOTH sides were wrong. Heck, who knows, the Ivy League games may even have some rowdy fans. lol

I stood directly above the action in the south endzone on the landing between the upper and low section. I saw everything that happened from start to finish. The students rushed the field to congratulate the team on the victory. Once the team headed to the locker room the students then turned their attention to the WVU fans in the south endzone. The students began chanting overrated at the WVU fans. The first bottles thrown were by WVU fans onto the field at the VT students and then of course you're going to get back at you. The VT students also chanted A-C-C and sang goodbye to the WVU fans as they continued to throw more and more stuff onto the field. Things started looking to get ugly and the security on the field quickly moved the VT students out of that endzone and away from the WVU fans.

It's a real shame that such stupidity had to mare an otherwise good game. It's another prime example why students should be kept off the field following games. Let them celebrate and chant from their seats, not on the field. Today's post-game activities only further my view that the rivalry needs to take a couple of years off to let the hard feelings cool down.

Of course there will be people on both sides who get too rowdy. I wouldn't even be surprised if the students did start it but can you understand my skepticism after the way we've been treated over something we had zero control over?

maybe you are right BR's in that the rivalry should take a couple of years off. I still didn't see the WV fans throw the bottles first though. But does it really matter? It could have really gotten ugly if the WV fans had gotten on the field.

I'll tell ya what really started the bottle throwing more so than the chanting. Three moronic and out of control VT fans started it with taunting hand gestures, which they did before the majority of the students on the field even started gathering in the endzone. All it takes is a couple of idiots. Fans from both sides were out of line and it's just such a shame to see...

although I'm a WV fan, I'll take the Bluefield win last night over Martinsburg in place of a WV loss any day. If I'm not mistake you stated this in an earlier post about VT. Is that no the best high school football game you've ever seen?

yeah that was good, but this was Martinsburg and to me it had a different feel even for a regular season game. This game was played so clean on both sides with few turnovers and penalties. The Graham game with ESPN back in 91 also comes to mind, with the last minute TD reception by Bluefield.

i think martinsburg was better than when we played weir...not sure why....i like night games better personally....but i give this to the weir game , i loved seeing them fumbleing the ball and up getting it to win the game...then seeing the bluefield student section take the field!