Blue Tornado Football

Cola

Team work, Experience, Grit, depth and overall love of the game = Richlands success. We have a good team, and take away the rivalry, most teams we have played will agree.

Now for those who dont believe, I'm sorry, I said it before the season, I said it years ago, This is a good group of athletes and they will win. They will hit you every play, and their defense wont quit. Thats the bottom line. And Props goes to Coach Tarter's special Teams as well. Good luck Blues and Good Luck to the SWD teams evry week.

Oh yeah, Hey # 60, dont get kicked out of any more games.

The Storm is coming and Marion is next!

Thanks GC...its nice to get a good comment from a team we played in the season so far..and even tho we didnt win...it was one heck of an effort...on both sides...and ever since that game we've had more conditioning after practice than ive seen since ive been there...but back to everything...we're hoping for the region crown then off to state...and good luck to u guys too...im sure you guys will do great in the playoffs...u always do!!

thanks GC i think we have a good football team and many different weapons that can be used to score and put those points on the board...we might not have beaten y'all but we did put up a good game...Good luck in the rest of your season

[ QUOTE ]

Team work, Experience, Grit, depth and overall love of the game = Richlands success. We have a good team, and take away the rivalry, most teams we have played will agree.

Now for those who dont believe, I'm sorry, I said it before the season, I said it years ago, This is a good group of athletes and they will win. They will hit you every play, and their defense wont quit. Thats the bottom line. And Props goes to Coach Tarter's special Teams as well. Good luck Blues and Good Luck to the SWD teams evry week.

Oh yeah, Hey # 60, dont get kicked out of any more games.

The Storm is coming and Marion is next!

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands loses in the Region IV playoffs. Just an opinion.

Thats a pssibility, But they do have a ticket to the dance, they wont lay down and take it easily. Richlands will represent the SWD well. and after next week, We will know who is representing division III. DOnt count us out.

The Storm is coming!!!

[ QUOTE ]

The Storm is coming!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

More like a gentle breeze.

I will give you this, I do think the chances of Richlands competing for the Region IV crown are the best they've looked in years. But outside of the region, Richlands simply does not have the athletes to compete for a state title.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Storm is coming!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

More like a gentle breeze.

I will give you this, I do think the chances of Richlands competing for the Region IV crown are the best they've looked in years. But outside of the region, Richlands simply does not have the athletes to compete for a state title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people had Richlands 3rd or 4th in the SWD. Grundy fans thought they would steam roll us, Graham thought their defense was impenetrable, and many people have written off our opponents as not being very good after losing to, or in the case of Gate City, winning against Richlands. Most of those opponents were even picked to beat Richlands by many on this board.

The playoffs are a different story, and Richlands will have it's hands full with whoever they play, but like Cola said "don't count them out".

[ QUOTE ]

Thats a pssibility, But they do have a ticket to the dance, they wont lay down and take it easily. Richlands will represent the SWD well. and after next week, We will know who is representing division III. DOnt count us out.

The Storm is coming!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, I don't think the game this week will tell you anything about DIV 3. Once the playoffs start, the season begins...this could be for home field though...I tend to think Grundy plays better on the road. I think the winner gets home field, nothing more...if they meet again for the championship, it'll be a whole new ball game and another chapter in a great rivalry.

Who is looking like the other high seed for the Region IV, Div. 4 tourney? From what I'm reading it looks like Martinsville. I know we're still too far out to know for sure. Whoever comes out of region IV faces a tough one against the winner of Region III.

Martinsville is DIV 3 and they have dropped a couple of key games, they will most likely be the 3 or 4 seed...Graham or Grundy will be the top seed in DIV 3 Region IV.

Martinsville is 1-3 now after losing to Giles this week...if Tazewell can win a couple of tuff games, they will sneak in as the 4th seed...Va High will almost certainly be the 3 seed by winning a weak Highlands District, regardless of whatever their overall record ends up as.

In DIV 4 I think you will see Richlands, Basset, Carroll County and probably Magna Vista...although Abingdon (yes believe it or not) could slip in if they can somehow just win a couple of games....although Richlands will emerge as the top seed and advance from Region IV...without a doubt.

[ QUOTE ]

Martinsville is DIV 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I've been away from home too long.

[ QUOTE ]

In DIV 4 I think you will see Richlands, Basset, Carroll County and probably Magna Vista...although Abingdon (yes believe it or not) could slip in if they can somehow just win a couple of games....although Richlands will emerge as the top seed and advance from Region IV...without a doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this really is the Big Blues year. Can they hang with those Div. 4 schools out of Region III? I'm assuming Salem, Amherst, Pulaski all fall into this category.

[ QUOTE ]

rankings have lafayette 1st, gretna 2nd, and richlands 3rd in AA. Salem is ranked 5th

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a link? Are we talking a AP-writers poll...the ones that traditionally show up in the paper on Tuesdays? I share with you what I know about the Region I schools since I'm surrounded by them...

Out here, Lafayette is always competitive, their coach used to coach Virginia High for a short stint. I think he may even have coached at Amherst...I could be totally wrong, name is Paul Wheeler. He has his s$it together. I also heard a rumor he applied for the Richlands job after Vaught but they couldn't make it work.

Another good team out here that I didn't see on your list is Grafton (same district as Lafayette). Powhatan, defending state champs, plays Grafton this week. Powhatan gets their ticket punched to the Region I finals simply because every year they play in the weakest football district in the state...bar none. I know no one likes to look ahead, but i can gurantee one of those three schools will win Region I. My $$$ says Lafayette.

How can a state caliber Richlands team match up with Amherst and Salem...I would love to see them run through Salem.