Grundy 34 Marion 0 ...but the streak is over....

Lance

Garon Marcum racked up 3 TD's and 300 yards on the ground on 15 carries - a 2 pt conversion also, Aaron Marcum added 2 TD's and about 80 yards rushing as the Wave dominated Marion at Grundy.

Sad part - Tigh Compton's streak of consecutive PAT's has ended at 10...lol. (You knew it was coming Tigh..lol)

Grundy didn't look as great as the score shows, blocking a FG and stopping at least 2 Marion drives inside the 10 yard line. The defense played well, but Grundy made a couple of mistakes and looked flat on offense most of the night...they will have to play much better to beat Graham on the road. Grundy missed tackles, dropped passes, and missed blocks all night. Coming off a bye week, Grundy has a way of doing this sort of thing sometimes.

Grundy was also missing several key players who should all be back next week...AW Looney in particular went out with an injury and the Wave can ill afford to lose him on defense, although they are deep enough on offense to get by - Looney is a big hitter on defense...his dad told me it was nothing major, and he didn't think he would miss next weeks game.

Garon gets the game ball this week, the kid is just racking up TD's and yardage...16 TD's so far and he should be close to 1,000 yards on the season.

Still...gotta show up next week and play much better than they did this week if we have any hope of beating Graham.

Side Note: We won't know until Monday if Aaron Marcum got tackle # 400...he's close, I think he had 19 tackles, which should put him over...will wait to see the final stats.

*also the paper has Garon at 278 yards for the game, that is not correct, he had 301...I guess Lloyd does the best he can adding up yards on the fly...lol.

hey, man nice post and yeah the paper was wrong. i guess that garon is so good that they couldnt tell how many yards he had. lol i really hope that aaron got the big number 400 if so that will give him lots of energy goin into the graham game. and garon was the best on offense as always and aaron on defense. the marcum bro's are goin to have a great year for grundy and i think that grundy has a shot at state although they lost one.lol if the bro's can keep playing like this then all i can say is that these guys are on their way of coming into a great college and possibly goin pro. wow! and here is a question... is Heath Miller the only player in the buchan, russel, and dickenson counties that has ever went pro or is goin to go pro? just wonderin'.

Go Grundy Golden Wave!!

Go UVA!! wahoo-wa wahoo-wa go hoos go #89 Heath Miller

haha...got an email from Lloyd...he said Garon in fact did have 278 yards...so I must have counted them up worng...sorry Lloyd...I'll have to double check my figures again and see what I come up with...damn beer. lol. grin.gif

Stats as I have them,

Garon Marcum had 15 carries for 281 yrds with 3 TD's and an average of 18.7 YPC. Great job Garon.

Arron Marcum had 8 solo's and 8 assist tackles. John Brown was the leading tackler with 14 solo's and 3 assists. Great job to the total defense. Let's get ready for Graham!

Yep John Brown had a great night...that's not such a great thing for the defense since he was playing DB...lol...couple of those he saved a TD on though. If Aaron had 16 total tackles, that would leave him short on # 400...something to work towards for Graham.

How many did Colby, Bronson, and Baker have on defense?

Owens had 3 solo's and 3 asst., Baker had 7 solo's and 1 asst. and a fumble recovery, B. Brown had 2 solo's and 5 asst. Missed tackles; J. Brown-3, A. Marcum-3, Owens-2, B.Brown-1, G. Marcum-2, Vandyke-1, we have to make better tackles to stop Graham!

I agree with that...I don't know what to think after the Marion game about the Graham game?

Mullins looks like he's still trying to settle in at corner and I guess thats something that just takes time. I think the Vandyke kid is doing a great job back there though, he's always looking to hit someone and I like that kinda play...I think they pulled him to early in the Richlands game, the pass and catch on that first long TD where he was back there was perfect...I don't know if he could have covered it any better than he did...esp his first real test against the pass...but, adjustments have to be made in that sort of situation I know.

I hope they come ready to play friday...should be a great match up.