GMan

They're West Virginia, they're West Virginia,

They're the Queens of the Little East.

They load their schedule with the weakest teams

and they think they are a BEAST.

They beat upon Dolly Madison,

and the Pirates of ECU...

Then they came into Lane Stadium

And we sent their ass home BLACK AND BLUE!

GOOO!!! HOKIES GO!!!

Just think VT left the "little east" as it was called to finish 4th or 5th in the ACC, and to become the doormat in basketball!!!!! Also vt cant hide from fsu forever they have to play them at some point, even though they are scared or something.

Who is hiding from FSU??? Hell, VT has beaten Miami more times in the last ten years than Miami has beaten Tech...and how many times in a row has Miami beaten Florida St.??? Bring those Garnet and Gold clad chumps to Lane Stadium...then we'll see who runs and hides. At least 4th or 5th in the ACC will get a bowl game...4th or 5th in the new Little East will get you laughed at. And besides, being a doormat in hoops is nothing new to VT...we were that already in the BE.

Florida State has no offense because of a few reason, but i believe two words could sum it up...

Chris Rix

VT's defense is veeerry nice, and with Imoh running as hard as he did vs. WVU, their O isn't bad either, on the ground that is. grin.gif Look for an old face returning early for the Wake Forest game, perhaps one that tore his bicep against USC, a linebacker... ???? grin.gif

It would seem to to me that VT would want to play the team that dominated the Acc for years, but for some reason Tech doesn't? wonder why? Maybe they are still hurting from their 2 prevous beatings!!! and as for the Dolly Madison comment the only reason the played JMU was because of Miami leaving.Also Didn't tech play them recently to????

Each ACC team is playing 8 ACC games, therefore each team doesn't team play 2 ACC conference members. This year neither VA Tech nor GA Tech is playing Florida St., but they will play them some years. If they didn't want to play them they would not have joined the ACC.

The ACC gave Tech its schedule for the ACC games...they had no say so in the matter.

And yes Tech did play JMU last year...it was a "money game" to help support an in-state school. Why doesn't WVU play their in-state schools????

So the Acc didn't want to embarass Vt for two years then right?The reason that wvu doesn't play Marshall is Mu wants a home and home series and wvu doesn't.I wish that they would play it would be great for the state. By the way for the last three years VT's "Big Least record (as you called it) was 11- 10 real impressive, and their best bowl game was a Gator Bowl thrashing by FSU in 2001.So they went from a average BE team to a average ACC team. Big improvement right? Must be about the money????????

[ QUOTE ]

their best bowl game was a Gator Bowl thrashing by FSU in 2001.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I guess I had better brush up on some vocab b/c apparently I don't understand what a thrashing is if FSU "thrashed" VT in the Gator Bowl that year. If memory serves me correctly VT led the entire game until the fourth quarter when FSU's superior depth finally wore VT down.

Alas though, I'm not going to get into the argument. It's amazing how most people claim VT was lucky to get into the ACC and had to pull strings to do so, but yet they control the scheduling of the ACC for this year. I don't know about the rest of yuo, but that simply amazes me...

Hey gman why are you attacking all WVU fans? I guess there has never been a Vt fan do anything dumb at all right? You make fun of wvu when they have to play JMU to have a home game,but Tech plays them its ok? You made fun of ECU but you guys played WMU right? I think that ECU has more of national name than WMU, they beat Miami a few years ago and have been to a few decent bowls under their previous coach who they never should of got rid of. I guess that is a few examples of that "Great" VT class huh?

VT plays "sorry teams"??? Let's see

#1 USC

#4 Miami

#9 Virginia

#18 West Virginia (used to be #6... grin.gif)

#23 Maryland

#25 N.C. State

I would hate to see what a "tough" schedule would look like...

[ QUOTE ]

VT plays "sorry teams"??? Let's see

#1 USC

#4 Miami

#9 Virginia

#18 West Virginia (used to be #6... grin.gif)

#23 Maryland

#25 N.C. State

I would hate to see what a "tough" schedule would look like...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, what a weak and cupcake schedule that is huh?

[ QUOTE ]

So the Acc didn't want to embarass Vt for two years then right?The reason that wvu doesn't play Marshall is Mu wants a home and home series and wvu doesn't.I wish that they would play it would be great for the state. By the way for the last three years VT's "Big Least record (as you called it) was 11- 10 real impressive, and their best bowl game was a Gator Bowl thrashing by FSU in 2001.So they went from a average BE team to a average ACC team. Big improvement right? Must be about the money????????

[/ QUOTE ]

The ACC will be split into two divisions starting next year.

5 games against teams from your division

1 game against a permanent rival from the opposite division

2 games against the remaining 5 schools from the opposite division.

This means there will be 3 teams every year that VT does not play.

They do not play FSU or Clemson this year.

They will not play FSU, Clemson and one other team next year.

I'm sure they reason the ACC made the VT schedule the way they did was because of the fact VT has played Clemson 3 times and FSU two times since 1998.

Other than UVA they hadn't played any of the other ACC teams in several years.