Where do u think Ringstaff will go to college?

blues_politics

From what I understand he's a big Tech fan but I wouldn't expect him to end up there (or UVA, WFU) unless he walks on. With him being a senior we would already know if he was being seriously recruited by a D-1 school.

Caleb Jennings has D-1A written all over him! And I'm not just being a homer. The first time I saw him, I think it was the Marion game last year, he only gained about 3-4 yards but my jaw honestly dropped.

His sister happened to be sitting in front of me and told me about how hard he works, and that despite being small, he's all muscle.

I truly believe he will re-write the Richlands record books by the time he's done.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah Caleb has D-1A speed alright,I'd love to see him to go VT.Anyone know if Kevin Mcglothin and Matt Thomas are still trying to make the roster up there?

[/ QUOTE ]

They played in the spring game but aren't dressing now. Probably working with the scout team.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah Caleb has D-1A speed alright,I'd love to see him to go VT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna see a clip of Aaron Marcum running him down from behind on a kick return? lol

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks BigD I remember seeing their name on the spring roster and then they disappeared. If anyone can do it Kevin can.

[/ QUOTE ]

For whatever reason, VT has had some recruiting "misses" on the o-line. They have highly touted guys buried in the depth chart and former walk-ons in the two-deep. The starting center, Will Montgomery is a former walk-on and Steve DeMasi who played center before Jake Grove was a walk-on as well.

McGlothlin and Thomas definitely have a chance a Tech.

[ QUOTE ]

Yo! Lance throw that video on here so we can see what u are talking about, A. Marcum running Jennings down.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.mindbinge.com/Marcum1/MarcumsInAction.WMV

Right Click and "Save Target As"... (5.5 Meg clip)

The part where A. Marcum is after Jennings is at 1:25 on a kick return...You can see Aaron turn when Jennings cuts and he really gets after him quick. Everyone talks trash about his 40 time, but he is a lot faster this year and the Nike camp results were from the very first camp he went to...the only reason we went there was to get him some proper instruction on how to lower his 40. As you can see, he's not as slow as everyone around here lets on, because Jennings can flat out fly, anyone who has seen him play can tell you that.

There are also a lot of clips of Garon on the film...so some of you will get to see him for the first time I guess.

He has great moves and vision and the ability to add a quick burst of speed if someone gets close to him in the open.

I didn't take this video myself, my friend Dan did it after I did the Getting Away With Murder clip a few weeks ago...Dan shot all the video and did all the work himself and just gave me a copy of it. He did a nice job i think.

So anyway...enjoy.

Lance

[ QUOTE ]

The part where A. Marcum is after Jennings is at 1:25 on a kick return...You can see Aaron turn when Jennings cuts and he really gets after him quick. Everyone talks trash about his 40 time, but he is a lot faster this year and the Nike camp results were from the very first camp he went to...the only reason we went there was to get him some proper instruction on how to lower his 40. As you can see, he's not as slow as everyone around here lets on, because Jennings can flat out fly, anyone who has seen him play can tell you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The angle helped him a lot on that play but it was still a heck of a play. He looks planty fast to me.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Ringstaff is a heck of a ball player, but i see him going somewhere smaller like Emory, Ferrum, or somewhere like that. Hes good, but not VT good

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. He probably doesn't have the speed to play TB at a D-1 school but he will play somewhere.

not sure what you mean about the angle? He had to adjust and recover to catch him, which I thought he did a perfect job of doing....Jennings had to cut to avoid Bronson Brown and Marcum was on him as soon as he slowed down for the cut.

I think Ringstaff could play ball at the D1-A level somehwere, he is extremely fast to the hole and runs hard after the fact. I think with Ahmad Bradshaw's success at Marshall, more D1-A programs might start looking at backs from our area, and we do have some good ones. Smaller schools outside of the top 25 could pick up some great players around here.

I would guess they would look to move Ringstaff to DB at D1-A level and he could for sure play RB at D1-AA easily.

All it takes is for someone to actually give these kids a chance and a lot of them could make it, I think so anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

All it takes is for someone to actually give these kids a chance and a lot of them could make it, I think so anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ringstaff...I could maybe see him playing strong safety but I think if he were to go to a D-1A school it would be as a FB. He's 5'10" 200 right now but I can see him as a 225-230 lb FB in college.