Richlands 45

Marion 0

Last week 5-0

Season 18-3

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands 45

Marion 0

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1992, this game almost cost the perfect year for the state champs. Wet. Muddy. Thank the heavens for that kick. You know what I'm talking about. What a game and so many people left.

I was living in Richmond then and missed that entire year. In fact, I missed every year from 1985-98, only keeping track via scores listed in the RTD on Saturday mornings.

Carroll County 21

Abingdon 17

Lee High 33

Cawood, KY 7

Tazewell 14

Virginia High 13

Grundy 20

Graham 19

Gate City 56

J.J. Kelly 7

Honaker 40

Twin Valley 14

Richlands 53

Marion 0

[ QUOTE ]

Gate City should beat J.J. Kelly a whole lot worse than that.

Gate City-84

J.J Kelly-0

[/ QUOTE ]

GC will be classy about the JJK problems, I'm sure but who knows the 3rd. team may run wild.

Why isn't anyone interested in Lebanon? They are 5-0 with wins against some good teams, and of only 1 of 3 left unbeaten. They play Rural Retreat this week, which pretty much decides if Lebanon will win the Hogoheegee. With the way there defense is playing, it looks almost like a sure win. Also there offense isn't too shabby. In the five games they have played, they have outscored there opponents 124 to 20which means they score 25 points to 4 points a game.

My prediction

Lebanon-24

Rural Retreat-0

[ QUOTE ]

Why isn't anyone interested in Lebanon? They are 5-0 with wins against some good teams, and of only 1 of 3 left unbeaten. They play Rural Retreat this week, which pretty much decides if Lebanon will win the Hogoheegee. With the way there defense is playing, it looks almost like a sure win. Also there offense isn't too shabby. In the five games they have played, they have outscored there opponents 124 to 20which means they score 25 points to 4 points a game.

My prediction

Lebanon-24

Rural Retreat-0

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't pick the Lebanon game because I only pick games in which I have seen at least one of the teams play this year.

James Monroe 37 Liberty ® 14

Bluefield 42 Shady Spring 17

Graham 17 Grundy 14

Richlands 34 Marion 7

Greenbrier East 18 Princeton 14

Mount View 27 Iager 20

Giles 40 Grayson County 14

Auburn 18 Narrows 13

[ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with BigD4VT with all but the Lee vs. Cawood game! I don't think Lee can beat a team that beat them 38-7 last year. I will go with Grundy over Graham(sorry G-man, just a feeling), lebanon, GC, Carrol Co., the rest will be the same!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lee/Cawood game was a total "swag" on my part.

That's okay! Lee is bad and i don't know much about Cawood, but they beat them bad last year and Lee is worse! I hate to say much and hesitate to even say this, but JJ Kelly is so very down this year GC's first team scored on their first 5 plays (not possessions, plays!) one was called back and it took two more to score! 34-0 in the first quarter! Gc could have scored two hundred! the clock ran straight thru in the second half. Gc got the ball with 4:42 on the clock and ran (3rd string) three running plays and the clock ran out! i hope the Indian kids stick with it for the next few years, things will have to get better!