Richlands baseball

Richlands8

is that so...... well i remember that casey couldnt pitch very game, and we had mor than a few good hitters so i have one thing to say. smell you later and well see when the season comes around

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Casey pitching bored the fielders. Which meant, that hot grounders were trouble, besides the fact that tazewell was probably the best fielding team in the district last year. I remember a certain coppinger tournament game, that Casey didnt pitch, and i believe that Graham cut that one two innnings short, on a count of the mercy rule.

So go ahead and pitch brintle, and if you're looking for Wills Murray, you might check the maroon and gold uniforms.

No one gives a crap about Wills we are all glad that he went to graham anyway. All Wills done in Tazewell was cry and complain because he didn't get to play and when he did he sucked. He's only the second player that coach peery has called time and go talk to him when he was playing shortstop. He's nothing but a nervous wreck when he gets on the field so yeah you guys got a real winner with him.

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Well we might be a little short-handed in that department but we have Craig Robinson, Heath Addison, Billy Sawyers, Garret Arms for sure. Might see a little bit of Tatum on the hill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget stanton, im sure he'll be pitchin in sum of those games everyday situations.

Thad would but he injuried his throwing shoulder during the season last year and it bothers him quite a bit. So this year he will be doing the DH or playing the outfield.

Not having him will be a big lose in the rotation.

Don't forget about John Battle's two straight titles in baseball here recently, or JJ Kelly, who still holds the VHSL record(in ALL classifications) for the most consecutive state titles and for the most over all state titles in baseball, and who had a great run in the post season last year with some big upsets over Honaker and Grayson Co.

[ QUOTE ]

Does Richlands still play baseball? I thought they cancelled the program when HOvis left. Haven't beat Tazewell in a meaningful game since Hovis was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands has been beaten by 1 score the past 3 times i think...they are getting there..and just b/c we cant beat tazewell doesnt mean we should close the program. You guys arent god.

From what I hear you're not nearly as happy as he is. Graham's kids actually pull for each other and are civilized. I know the coaches are tickled to get him. Jealousy seems to be a big problem for you guys down there!

Why you'll never win a state title. We'll see how things work out for the Murray kid over the next 3 years. My money is on him. I've seen a lot of baseball over the last 20 years and he is a good one. Funny...I haven't heard anything about you.

I know I am a little late on this had not been in here in a while, But there are several girls & boys that have moved on tp d1 schools out of swva in the last 5 years or so. I can not name them all and for the girls iI have read of them in different sports. But some of the guys are Miller (Honake) Hamilton (clintwood) Beasley(Gate City). bradshaw.

• 4 weeks later...