Richlands baseball

Richlands8

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, that just helped motivate us to try harder! Tazewell wasnt the god of baseball last year u just had herald pitching shutouts but thats it,, u had a few good hitters but other than that Richlands stood right w/u and all we lost was a lefty and Timmy, we've got sum huge talent moving up from jv so we're going to have depth just like it is for football down here in good ole Richlands!

With the exception of Abingdon and Graham on certain sports, SWVA is about 10 years behind the rest of the state of Virginia, sports wise. Being from SWVA is a hinderance for anyone wanting an athletic scholarship to a well established university.

W cant help it...we're in these mountains and they dont look here for any talent...besides the Bradshaw pick...the only ones i know of made it a real long way through sports would be there Jones's in PV...Mike Compton big center from Richlands...Tiki and Rondhe from Roanoke i cant really pick out neone else...ohh Heath Miller from Honaker...and Bill Wagner...Casey Herald will go big...thatsa bout it

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

With the exception of Abingdon and Graham on certain sports, SWVA is about 10 years behind the rest of the state of Virginia, sports wise. Being from SWVA is a hinderance for anyone wanting an athletic scholarship to a well established university.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grundy 16 state wrestling titles.

Gate City and PV both producing State Titles in Football on a regular basis.

Tazewell and Richlands both have good Baseball programs.

Carrol County has good girls sports grin.gif

Va High has some sort of swimming program from what I hear grin.gif

what exactly are you trying to say? lmfao

• 2 weeks later...

my Falcons lost 5 starters--two outfielders that were average players--and three infielders that were pretty good. They do have all of their pitching back--but their are some question marks. they should be one of the better teams in the area

[ QUOTE ]

Name to me people who recieved athletic scholarships over the years to D1 schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

In baseball you dont have to go to a D-1 college to make it big or to the professionals. Look at Billy Wagner from Tazewell went to Ferrum and now is an All-Star closer. If you are good enough major league scouts will find you.

Now in other sports you all but have to go to D-1 or major D-1 AA.

Ole Billy he can bring it, we got to play ball wit him about 2 months ago. What a blast we had, to see that arm in live action is amazing. He through it off a shuffle from 380 to third in the air, it was a strike too.

Yeah Richlands doesn't have a chance this year in the district they will probally get beat by Graham and there is know way that you can beat us and Richlands don't need to think that G. Arms is going to shut us down because that was the JV team last year this is varsity.

do ya really think that........ well you’re wrong cause you don’t have a chance against Tazewell in baseball

smell ya later

Well if I remember we didn't pitch casey in every game against you guys last year did we. We pitched brintle in the district tournament when you all needed to beat us to go to regions but you didn't.