Who will be going to college after high school?

blues_politics

Tatum could if he wants to...I don't know what his plans are though.

A couple of your linemen ,both on O and D, could play college ball also...not sure what the names are, I'd have to look.

Your title to this post is very weird lol Who will be going to college after high school..... Personally I hope many people will go to college after high school so we can have smart people to run this country in the future but thats just me.... lol (I do get what you mean lol) and to comment.. Has anyone thought about any graham people playing at college level... We have Andy Henderson A GREAT linebacker he might be short but as we all know height isnt everything... lol There is Kevin Mathews(sp) Im sure he will play somewhere I haven't heard where yet but Im sure he will. Jake Remines though I think he would be more into playing baseball im sure he has or will be getting some late offers to play football. Colin Elswick doesn't stand out to often but he is a power house for graham too but yet again he is more on baseball. Andy again he probably would be more on a wrestling scholarship somewhere but football im sure could be a possiblity. Billy Napper in some way feel he might not be scouted as highly as some of the others but im sure he has had atleast one offer somewhere. Someone that has been standing out this year Justin Lawson I dunno if he could or will get any offers concidering its his first year since his freshmen year. But he has made a killing this year... Scott Eggleston well with that injury might of him athletically but he is a very very SMART guy he wont need the sports to get him into college. And I'm sure I have missed someone but sorry if I did but right off there ya go!

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

I herd that lucas stone "kicker for bluefield" visited the university of pittsburgh to see how he liked it....so thats a possibity.....then the steptoes....perdue....davis....maybe even coeburn....but lucas has the best chance of going to a "well known" college

Repass will problly go to a big school for basketball. he played all over the nation this past summer. and was invited to a camp this past weekend at Wake Forest. where only 200 players were invited from around the nation. who knows he may play some football for someone.

Okay let's see...From Graham I very much doubt Henderson goes on anywhere big. Elswick will be somewhere playin baseball for sure. Eggleston probably wont go on for sports he is very smart. Matthews and Napper are good players but im not sure they have what it takes. you never know though. in Blfd Lucas Stone has a lot of choices and word is Coeburn and Davis are gettin looked at but no names. Keene and Ringstaff will go on from Richlands...what about Tazewell? i dont see too many names come out of there...i can think of MAYBE 2.

Tazewell could have a lineman go somewhere D1-AA if they tried, based on size alone...as for the rest...Muncey and Wilson are the only ones I think that even have a shot at moving on from what I see.

[ QUOTE ]

Repass will not go to a D-1 school in basketball, unless he averages 30 a game this season. He may go to Concord or somewhere small but no where big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, don't laugh.. but I'm trying to understand why that's so?

From Richlands..best shot would be of course Ringstaff...Tatum..and i believe big MO lester Jessie Smith and In two years garret arms...a treat in all 3 sports...big guy who can move makes a dangerous person!

without a doubt i think that the marcum brothers will both go to a big school. garron beacause he has awsome speed and power both...those two combined can be a dangerous running back and those stiff arms he has. lol and aaron because he is one of the best linebackers i have ever seen. he can read plays and ofcourse he can make some really nice hits. and i also believe that lucas stone can go big.because he has a real good leg.

There are several great athletes in the area that will continue to compete at the college level. However, I'm sure that no one has ever heard of Tyler Prince from Shady Spring High School. He is kind of unheard of because of Josh Mann, Brandon Phillips, and Jeremy Lynch are the running backs that get all of the publicity.

Tyler has started at linebacker along with Josh Mann since he was a sophomore but he is actually being recruited by over a dozen colleges for track. He was the state AA Runner-up in the discus last year in Charleston. However, he is being recruited mostly because he is a true student athlete. He is at the top of his senior class and is involved with many other student activities. He also possesses high moral character and an excellent work ethic.

He has been contacted by the coaches from The Naval Academy, The Air Force Academy, The Military Academy, Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, Penn, Bucknell, Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia Tech, and Stanford to name a few. The one school that he would like to hear from and hasn't is Virginia Tech.

He plans on majoring in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering and has actually narrowed his choices down to four schools. The school which gets Tyler will be getting a dedicated student and athlete. We wish the best of luck to a fine young man.

All the above u mentioned all good players and have a chance to go somewhere, but no one has mentioned tyrone mitchell. He has the most rushing yards in swva this year. Along with being a good running back he averages 8 tackles a game and is usually the smallest player on the field. He has been contacted by James Madison and North Carolina.

Let's be honest. The athletes around here are "good" athletes. There isn't one that can play on the D-1 level. There are some that can make the team as a wlk-on or something like that and maybe in a year or two earn a scholarship with hard work. people need to realize how hard it is to play on that level. Kids need to realize that D-2 or D-1AA are there also for scholarships. D-3 does not offer scholarships and that is where most would excell. Concord is a good place for these students to go and "PLAY". They can get scholarships and get a degree which is the main thing.

I wouldn't say "there isn't one that can play on the D-1 level". Ahmad Bradshaw, Heath Miller, Justin Hamilton and Matt McGlothlin are just a few from this area playing D-1A right now. Luke Owens, Browning Wynn, Jake Houseright and many others had great D-1A careers. Guys like the Jones Brothers and Mike Compton have had success in the NFL. Aaron Marcum and others in this years senior class will play D-1A football.

Concorde = Athletic Death Sentence

The only thing that I know of that ever came out of Concorde is Craig Plymal from Grundy...correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I don't agree with anything you said personally...but that's just me.

If you look at what Bradshaw is doing this year, the kids in this area can play at a D1-A level...they just need a chance like anyone else.

I know that Gate City's Zach Jones is being looked at by Georgia and Va Tech. He definitely has the size, but Division 1 is a whole different level. All the lineman are huge! But I'd say if anyone in this area will excel in Division 1 it will probably be Zach. I may be wrong on this, but I do wish him well wherever he decides to go.

I wasn't talking about the past kids that made it. I'm talking about the kids this year. There doesn't seem to be any standout D-1 players this year. That's what I was saying. I'm a die hard Graham fan so of course I know what AB is doing up in Huntington, and H. Miller etc...

Hmmm wow since everyone is talking about Ahmad Bradshaw... who does not believe that already from what he has done at Marshall he doesnt have a chance for the NFL that is if he doesnt screw up anymore... he got off lucky in Charolettesville however you spell it... But as a walk on freshmen he is already had the highest rushing yards in a game for marshall and also in this most recent game he had a 75 yard pass returned for a touchdown and a 10 yard rushing touchdown. I think Ahmad is proving that he wasnt just a terror in high school football but he is moving on to the College league and is trying to be a terror up there.

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

I'm still wondering how he got caught on foot...lol.

Oh...college basics 101...if a cop asks you what you are drinking...the correct answer is not "beer" for those of you heading on to the next level after high school.

Also, if possible just dump it out and say "nothing" and you'll probably be set free without another look.