Region C Playoffs

plooolt

There is a very good possibility that the loser of the Lebanon & GW game will not make the playoffs. Both teams as of right now are 7-0. Floyd is 6-0 and also could miss the playoffs. The winner of Giles 4-2 (1-0 district) and Floyd 6-0 (1-0) will be 1 team in. The Lebanon & G.W. winner will be the second team. In a good playoff system that also would be the four teams that make it in Region C. The problem comes with Grayson County 2-5 (2-0) who will very likely win their district. If they win the district that knocks 1 team out. And then their is James River who is 4-3 (1-0) who could also very possibly win their district. That means 2 of the top 4 doesnt make it.

Even if Lebanon blows up and loses to GW AND Richlands, they should still make the playoffs. If James River and Grayson both win their districts more than likely you could see Lebanon, Floyd, James River, and Grayson Co.

I wished that was so, but you left out GW, a win against Lebanon would make them district champs and an automatic berth regardless of the points. The way it looks it will be the district champions only, I don't think there will be a wildcard team, this will make 2 years in a row that deserving teams will not make the playoffs because of this idiotic system. The points system is fine and the district champs should be in the playoffs but there needs to be at least 2 teams get in on points, it's possible for Lebanon and Floyd to have 1 loss each and not make the playoffs and still be the two point leaders in region C.........what would be the use in even having a points system?

OH yeah. Forgot about the automatic berth. What I meant to say was, even if Lebanon loses the Hogo to GW, they will still have a good shot at the playoffs even if they lose to Richlands and James River wins the Pioneer. Floyd Co. and Lebanon should be too close to call as far as the points go.

Wait, I just saw what the rest of you guys have figured out. Yes, if Floyd and GW win their respective district titles as well as James River and Grayson Co. Leb sure will be sitting at home. That sucks... confused.gif

Ahhhhh........it's the way it is, nothin can be done about it. Lebanon will just have to get it done Oct. 29th, if they don't, at least we can stay warm. It's happened before as you well know and it'll probably happen again. Seems like everybody has already handed George Wythe the Hogo trophy, I don't know why, I guess Lebanon has'nt hyped itself enough. George Wythe has played 1 team with a winning record.....Chilhowie at 4-3, Lebanon has played 4 teams with winning records......Honaker, Tazewell, Patrick Henry and Chilhowie.........go figure.

Well for one thing, GW definitly wouldn't make the playoffs. Then it would depend on how many wild card spots there were. More than likely there would just be one, unless James River wins the Pioneer, but if not, then the wildcard would more than likely come between PH and Giles.

Lebanon would probably out point GW and be in and quite possibly Patrick Henry would out point GW also if a wildcard spot opened up, same thing happened last year, NW beat Lebanon and Lebanon beat George Wythe but George Wythe got the preference by out pointing Lebanon. From what I've seen this year, Patrick Henry will be the best offense George Wythe has seen so far if Patrick Henry is healthy.

The loss by Patrick Henry to Rural Retreat was a huge loss to their playoff hopes. Up to that point they were ahead of G.W. in the points. I know that Nichols was out that game but a loss is a loss.

Yep, the loss to Rual Retreat was big, but if Patrick Henry and Lebanon beat George Wythe then Patrick Henry would probably still out point GW as GW has'nt gotten very many rider points because of the weak schedule. If Patrick Henry beats GW and Lebanon beats GW, that would put Patrick Henry in the drivers seat for region C points if either the MED of Pioneer goes to a division 1 team.