Running Backs

DOGS144

You guys posted the so called best running backs in the SWD and it sounds to me like Richlands and Grundy backs were the only ones to make your list. Seems to me like a few were forgotten like maybe do the names Muncey, Cleaver, and Wilson ring a bell. Tazewell's triple threat has been a dominating force on the ground this season. But not just Tazewell is there. You also have Robert Henery, Andy Henderson and Billy Napper at Graham. Jose Wingard at Carroll isn't to shabby himself. Give the devil his due that Marcum and Ringstaff are good but they have 10 other players that make them look that good. We will see how great Garon Marcum is next Friday when they enter the Dog pound.

Southwest, Lonesome Pine, Highland, Hogoheegee. It doesn't matter. The best running back in Southwest Virginia is Kellie Nichols. He has over 1200 yards and has missed a game and a half. If he had Richlands line his numbers would be ridiculous. But instead he got cursed with Patrick Henry.

How many carries does Nichols have this year? I don't know much about him.

As for the others mentioned, I have always said Wengerd was awesome, he is the only thing that scares me about CC to be honest...he's very fast and is a top notch RB. I thought he didn't get enough attention for his efforts last year on CC's "best" team in a long time.

As for the Tazewell backs, I nominated one of them for player of the week already at Va Preps. I think it was Wilson? don't remember.