Magna Vista 21 M-Ville 14 - HUGE loss for M-Ville!

Lance

Magna Vista 21 Martinsville 14

This could have been the straw that breaks Martinsville's back!

The winner of the Va High vs. Marion game will be the Highlands champ and that will probably now decide what happens in the Region IV div 3 and div 4 playoff picture.

Whoever gets the automatic bid is going to bump off one of these teams.

You Graham fans should be very happy about this one, because that loss combined with Graham's win almost certainly has secured Graham's playoff spot.

Hopefully Marion can somehow win the Highlands and then ALL 5 SWD teams will make the playoffs.

hmmm...getting interesting!

Lance, making the playoffs isn't good enough. Never has been. We should play a little better now. We made some adjustments on the line this week, and we blocked much better last night. I am just suprised it took us 8 weeks to make a change. But these last 4 weeks have been long ones. Let me be the first to congradulate you on the 2004 Region IV title, no one will beat Grundy. You guys are head and shoulders above everyone else.

dookie..that's not the point...right now, just get in the dance and be happy with that and see what happens...Graham always makes the playoffs, I'm a Grundy fan..but I'm also a SWD fan...I hate CC with a passion, but I'd be happy to see all 5 teams make the playoffs this year..no other district has ever pulled that off that I can think of?

Anyway, lighten up, you live another week, maybe they will get things back on track and we can see Graham - Grundy IV for the Region and get a good game out of the deal. Either way...if all 5 teams just make it in, that's something everyone in this area can be proud of regardless of what your team does on an individual basis.

I did some calculations for Magna Vista and Carroll County to estimate their power points for the end of the season. I assumed, just assuming, that Magna Vista wins out and Carroll County loses these next two very tough games. In that case I looked at all of the teams that they have played and then calculated what I thought would be their final record and added in the rider points for each team and came up with Carroll County 18.6 and Magna Vista 18.2 which would put Carroll County in the playoffs and leave the Warrior's at home. Now if Marion loses, that all goes out the window and both teams make it. If Carroll County wins one of the two upcoming games, they would beat Magna Vista by a point or so. It's kind of like the presidential polls, there is enough margin or error on my calculations that it could go for either team due to the fact that a team I thought couldn't win, won and the other way around. Either way, it's going to be a nail biter if Marion wins this week.

yeah and on the other side it's the same way in Div 3 with Martinsville and Graham...

The Marion vs Va High game will probably affect at least 5 teams playoff positions. Gotta love this time of year...it's a mess. lol.