Region D Division 2 Playoff Picture

trumpet1988

Twin Springs won't beat Rye Cove I don't think. If RC wins their district haysi might still outpoint them but haysi still won't go in because of Rye cove winning their district. Does that sound right? If Rye Cove wins the Cumberland looks like we will be playing them at home.

That sounds right to me. And I also think that Gate City would play Honaker at Honaker. That could be a little tougher than people think it will be. Honaker is a very solid team. I think that Gate City would win but i think it will be closer than some think. They both like to grind it out and both have solid defenses. That being said I believe Gate City is a notch ahead in both categories. They would win by a couple of TD's. As far as Powell Valley is concerned, I don't see them having a problem with Rye Cove or Haysi. I believe Haysi would give them a little better game though.

I would think that pv would get in first seed. What do the brackets usually look like first round? 1st seed vs. 4th seed and 2nd seed vs. 3rd?...Honaker won't outpoint Gate City. In actually VHSL ratings i say pv moved from #5 to # 1. Why? Because Powell Valley ruined Gate City's winning streak and defeated the Division 2 Defending State Champions.

Yeah Gate City will get the #2 see but I believe that it will played at Honaker because Honaker won their division. I'm not 100% but I think that is how it works. And then after the first round I belive that the higher seed left gets the home game. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I went ahead and kinda did an estimation of Honaker and Gate City's rankings at the end of the regular season. Assuming Honaker beats Hurley and Tazewell and Gate City beats Burton, Honaker will come out with a ranking of 20 and Gate City with 20.4. Thats if I didn't mess up the arithmatic and Honaker and Gate City's opponents win the games they should and there are no upsets.

Nice work Elliot...you should add the points avg. to the ratings page since the avg is what really counts...and in a case like Magna Vista this year it factors in with some teams like Graham on having 1 game left and MV only having 9 games total...very cool website!

did anyone here read the one were they were talking about the linebacker from FSU said he would put heath miller in the dirt? although UVA got beat heath still had a great game with lots of catches. also i am kinda surpirised that they put grundy on top and richlands in second. i guess that they think grundy just gained in the loss!?!? that makes hardly any sense at all. if anyone finds out, tell me.

what are u talking about grundy on top of richlands?

if it's ratings points it's just the way it is...grundy has 1 more point than richlands i think if that's what u mean.

More than likely, RC will travel to BSG the first round. But on my estimations of the points, Gate City may finish about 4/10 of a point higher than Honaker. Thats assuming Honaker beats Hurley and Tazewell(will be a tough game!) and GC beats JIB. Then you gotta factor in the rider points, and thats where things got fuzzy with me, there were a couple games that are kinda hard to predict. But I guess we'll all know for sure here in about 2 weeks!!