Shady vs. Liberty

footballfreak

this is a big rivalry. shady is fighting for homefield advantage and liberty is fighting to get in. but shady will dominate. i dont think liberty's QB is gonna be back for this game and newman cant carry that team. shady can shut newman down. i see 35-14 at the end.

From what i've been told Liberty's qb is done and they have a few key defensive starters going to be out as well. This could prove a huge blow in such a important game for both. If Shady does at least slow newman down i think they will win big if not i think it could go either way. I'm gonna go with Shady 26-15. But good luck to both teams i hope both make the playoffs along with several other area AA schools to represent the southern part of WV!!!

Yes he returned this past week he only played the first series on offense and caught a 40 yard pass on the first play of the game and that was it. He played the entire game on defense and played pretty well, you could notice in the later stages of the game he favored the leg a little but not to bad. If the coaches can keep him from playing offense against libery they will, that way he has more time to get better for the playoffs, because in my eyes he is Shady's best rb not taking anything away from the other guys cuz they've filled in great for him and we wouldn't be 7-2 without them. As for the rest, we look 100% looks like liberty's not gonna be full speed so maybe we're catching them at the right time. The loss to Bluefield really made these guys refocus and say if we don't get it together will end up 5-5 again these boys are focused and looking to make some noise.

If the AA playoffs started friday This would be the first round game #8 Shady hosting #9 Liberty i very important game for both teams if liberty wins they secure a playoff spot if not they will have to beat Wyoming East next week just to get in. If Shady loses they still get it in but have to travel the first round. Bit if they win they get to host a home game the first round,but most importantly i think is if they win it moves them up to maybe 6 or 7 and gets them out of bluefield's bracket i would much rather play someone like Wayne or James Monroe the 2 round.