Lebanon v George Wythe

plooolt

A matchup between the only 2 undefeated teams left in Southwest Virginia. Should be a good one. Lebanon will win by 2 touchdowns. I think that Lebanon has played a tougher schedule to prepare them more for the game. Tazewell and Honaker are much tougher than any team that GW has played thus far.

Lebanon 28

GW 14

I'm not so sure about that, George Wythe has a lotta speed and the QB has a cannon attached to his shoulder. I look for it to be a very good game, the key for Lebanon is to keep the pressure on, that may be the only advantage they have........the strength of their line.

Lebanon by 2 TD's. I look for Miller Drew and Thayer all to have big games. GW MUST pass the ball to win the game. That is the weakness that Lebanon has on defense. The short crossing routes across the middle has burnt them a couple of times this season. I know that Wisman has some TD passes but who have they come against. I don't think that they will be able to run the ball at all.

can, anyone tell me how to get to the feild for the lebanon george wythe game. iam coming from wyheville. ive been there before but i cant remember how to get there now that they have redone the road.help a george wythe fan get to the game thanks!!!! confused.gif

Okay, the easiest way is take exit 14 in Abingdon, go to bottom of ramp & take a right, 2nd light you have to go left or right.....go right, go to 2nd light and turn left on route 19, about 18 miles to first Lebanon exit, go left at bottom of ramp, go thru 1 light and look for Pizza Hut on right, after you pass Pizza Hut take the next right, it'll take you to the field. Have a safe trip.

Some stats I've put together from this site and others on GW and Lebanon.

Lebanon Leads the series 2-1 since rejoining the Hogo in 2001, and has out scored the Maroons 48-23 from 2001-2003, with the Pioneers avg. 19.3 and the Maroons Avg. 7.6 pts. in those 3 contests.

This year the Maroons have out scored their challengers

329-20, with 6 shutouts, while the Pioneers have out scored their challengers 229-40, with 4 shutouts. So GW has scored 100 more pts. giving up 20 less. The most pts. scored on either team this year is 14. The VHSL has the Maroons ranked #3 and the Pioneers at #8, while Gilliam has GW #1 and Leb #4. Gilliam also has GW #2 & Leb #4 in all of Division 2, and GW #1 Leb #2 in Region C, and he also has the Strength of Schedule of all VHSL schools with the Pioneers at #179 and the Maroons at #233.

So from all indications I beleive on paper this is a pretty good test for both the Maroons and Pioneers. I feel which ever team brings their A+ game wins this one. If one team is a no show it will be a blow out! I don't think we will see a big margin of pts scored in this one. Turn overs and field position may win this one. I just hope it is as good as the PV/Gate City game I witnessed last Friday. What a great high school football game that was!