MY JM/BLUEFIELD PREDICTION

kevin

Okay, 1 championship trophy out of 5 state title appearances in the past 10 years. My point is if Bluefield wants to rub their championship trophies in James Monroe's face, then rub the only one that counts and that is the one since 1994.

[ QUOTE ]

but the way I see it, since James Monroe has only been in existence for 10 years and since Bluefield's only had 1 championship trophy in those 10, technically, Bluefield's only 1 up on James Monroe as of right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, i guess that means that Pikeview is only 1 behind Bluefield... but is even with James Monroe? man, i can't believe you'd say something like that. and actually, only Poca has more then 1 title in AA since '94, so that's not a good comparison... maybe straight wins vs. loses is a better comparison.

or perhaps just compare the wins - loses against each other

2-1 in our favor... and if we play like we have practiced this week... it sohuld be a farely easy victory for us...

and.. so far ive found our wins lost from 2001 to current 30w 16l and james monreo since 2001 34w 7 loses.. Jm played 41 games.. we played 46 but technically u guys had more wins ion those years

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

but the way I see it, since James Monroe has only been in existence for 10 years and since Bluefield's only had 1 championship trophy in those 10, technically, Bluefield's only 1 up on James Monroe as of right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, i guess that means that Pikeview is only 1 behind Bluefield... but is even with James Monroe? man, i can't believe you'd say something like that. and actually, only Poca has more then 1 title in AA since '94, so that's not a good comparison... maybe straight wins vs. loses is a better comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, according to this theory James Monroe is no better than the likes of PikeView, Summers County, and hey even Montcalm...lol

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, according to this theory James Monroe is no better than the likes of PikeView, Summers County, and hey even Montcalm...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, how things get twisted. A Bluefield poster was the one that made the comment about all the championship trophies they have and that JM is welcome to come by and see them and even touch them if they like. And my point was don't wave Bluefield's 7 championship trophies in the air in the attempt of using it as the basis to compare Bluefield's title trophies with JM's. I simply said if you want to FAIRLY compare championship trophies, then put aside the trophies between the 1950's and pre-1994 and look at the championship accomplishment since 1994. Did I say even once that JM had been equally as successful? No, I did not. All I said is that if you look at the CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY record for the past 10 years, which are the years that JM has been in existence, then Bluefield is 1 up on James Monroe. And that can't be argued because that's a fact. And as far as actually making it to Wheeling, Bluefield is 5 up on JM. That again is the fact and can't be argued. And 5 trips to Wheeling is an excellent record. Bluefield has more wins than James Monroe. That’s a fact. The goal is the championship trophy at the end of the season -- no matter if one gets it by shear luck and good fortune or behind talent and excellence -- the fact remains, Bluefield is 1 up in that comparison.

It was not my intention to degrade Bluefield or it's players or it's fans or it's community. I think Bluefield is an EXCELLENT team with an excellent coaching staff and are a threat year in and year out and will continue to be so. Bluefield consistently seems to have a caliber of players that often can't be matched. And 99% of the time (except for the JM/Bluefield game, of course), I even pull for Bluefield. I pull for Princeton. I pull for Narrows. I pull for Giles. I stand behind and respect my local teams and their programs and will continue to do so.

I do not want any hard feelings. I wish Bluefield a safe and fair game tonight and, although I'll be standing behind the Mavs 100%, I wish Bluefield the best of luck throughout the remainder of the season. Based on what I've read and seen of Bluefield this year, I fully expect Bluefield to again make the trip to Wheeling this year. I don't argue that. That's most likely a fact too.

As for me, I'm finished with this as well. I'm tired of the mud slinging. It's apparent the "1 championship trophy" is an argument that both sides see differently and will continue to defend and dragging it out won't accomplish anything but more ill feelings.