Mavs defeated in battle of the unbeatens

mavsgrad

I'm shocked, it is almost 11:00 and no Bluefield fan has put up a post trashing JM. So i guess I get to say my peace before all of the trash talk begins. Bottom line the better team won tonight. You gotta give Bluefield credit they have a great team this year. I think that one thing that caught up with us tonight was that we are pretty one demesional on offense. We haven't thrown the ball much all year because up until tonight we haven't had to. Bluefield played an almost flauless game minus an interception and several penalties. Losing tonight hurt but at least I personally don't have much crow to eat. I never said we would win, I think we could have given them a better game but we didn't and thats not an excuse it's just facts. I did stay until the end of the game as I said I would and I'm proud of the Mavs fans for being pretty faithful to stay til the end. I can't remeber which Bluefield fan prdicted 49-6 but you were wrong obviously. I'm really proud of our 9-1 season and I give Bluefield credit they are the best team in AA so far but looking at them tonight I do think they are beatable. One thing I would like to point out to my shame as well as many other fans. It amazed me tonight after all the trash talk this week to see the kids that play the game shake hands, congradulate each other, and get together to have prayer. It is pretty pitiful when the players demonstrate more maturity and sportsmanship than the adult fans do.

No sense in trashing James Monroe, the game is over and so is the smack that preceded it. And I’m not surprised by the sportsmanship shown following the game. The players at Bluefield are taught to respect every opponent and show sportsmanship. I’m sure the same is taught by Coach Witt and the coaches at JM. Witt seems like a very classy individual that has always carried himself well in interviews. I’ll also commend the folks at JM for having that field in such wonderful shape. Of course, the weather has helped keep the grass relatively green, but the field is 10 times better than the last time I saw it.

mavsgrad, us Blfd fans dont need to get on here and trash you or the other fans..the Beavers did their talking on the field and thats where it matters..the better team won and won convincingly..period, like i said earlier, whichever team loses is still in the playoffs and a loss at this time of the year isnt the end of the world but they had better recover from it fast with the playoffs comin up

I am also proud of my Mavs. I think our defense did a good job against the run. The pass defense was terrible. Oak Hill just showed the highlights. The receiver stepped out of bounds on one of the TD's. Congrats to Bluefield.

PS-Who was the nut that was kicking the fence at halftime and yelling and cursing and using the F-word?

[ QUOTE ]

PS-Who was the nut that was kicking the fence at halftime and yelling and cursing and using the F-word?

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened at a Bluefield game??? Kicking, yelling, screaming, and cursing??? That is a first.

[ QUOTE ]

The receiver stepped out of bounds on one of the TD's. Congrats to Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did and I saw it when the play happened. The official got ran into by a JM player trying to recover after getting beat and his view of the sideline was blocked by that. Or maybe he was making up for the fact James Monroe was called for a only one penalty and Bluefield upwards of 12-13. I've always said, it amazes me what a perfect game penalty wise JM always plays at home...lol wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I looked up home cooking in my favorite recipe book and there was a dang picture of Mitchell Stadium...wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right beside is a picture of Ernie Hicks Stadium and a reference to the 1999 Bluefield game down there. Hey, do they still let the entire right side of the Richlands' offensive line jump early on every play?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I looked up home cooking in my favorite recipe book and there was a dang picture of Mitchell Stadium...wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right beside is a picture of Ernie Hicks Stadium and a reference to the 1999 Bluefield game down there. Hey, do they still let the entire right side of the Richlands' offensive line jump early on every play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes they let the left side...but come on...Mitchell Stadium is a den of inequity when it comes to ubiquitous suspicious calls.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes they let the left side...but come on...Mitchell Stadium is a den of inequity when it comes to ubiquitous suspicious calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and that kind of thing rarely ever happens at Richlands... crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never to the extent it does at Mitchell Stadium. I don't care what witty retorts you have -- it will never change my opinion -- and many, many others -- of playing either Graham or Generic WV school at Mitchell Stadium.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never to the extent it does at Mitchell Stadium. I don't care what witty retorts you have -- it will never change my opinion -- and many, many others -- of playing either Graham or Generic WV school at Mitchell Stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I sense a hint of bitterness? It's best to let that go, but to each his own. I really don't think anyone from Richlands should be questioning another's school integrity considering your only state title has a dark cloud over it thanks to "Cleat-Gate."

hey BR..do i dare use the 'envy' word again??? this time about the richlands fans??? hahha, i guess if your TEAM cant bring the Beavs down some fans will try to use a message board to do it..but hey, ya cant take much stock in comments made by a 'graham wannabe'...hahah

Tom,

You, I, and Beaver/Graham fans know there is a lot of hatred and envy directed toward both schools from around the area. Although, I guess if I was on the other side of the glass I'd be envious too of all the state titles and success of both schools. If being successful means being hated, and in this society it does, then I'll gladly welcome that hate.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I sense a hint of bitterness? It's best to let that go, but to each his own. I really don't think anyone from Richlands should be questioning another's school integrity considering your only state title has a dark cloud over it thanks to "Cleat-Gate."

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitchell Stadium...inequity of calls. I'll let that rest. Bluefield is not the same school or town of yester-year. It will never be the Bluefield of days gone by...In a word, decline. No bitterness...just stating the obvious facts observed by non-"city"-lmao schools. If you re-read, I don't question any school's integrity, only officiating at "the stadium."

You are biased. I am biased. I think it best not to argue over "clouds" and WV football. There is only one clear victor in that debate. I do sit here considering how past Richlands teams would have fared against competition in the WVa playoff pictures and I giggle. That is of course if they played in venues other than....well, you know where.

[ QUOTE ]

Tom,

You, I, and Beaver/Graham fans know there is a lot of hatred and envy directed toward both schools from around the area. Although, I guess if I was on the other side of the glass I'd be envious too of all the state titles and success of both schools. If being successful means being hated, and in this society it does, then I'll gladly welcome that hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Success in Virginia and Success in WV hardly are directly proportional. Hmmm....Graham, not worth arguing about. Too easy.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitchell Stadium...inequity of calls. I'll let that rest. Bluefield is not the same school or town of yester-year. It will never be the Bluefield of days gone by...In a word, decline. No bitterness...just stating the obvious facts observed by non-"city"-lmao schools. If you re-read, I don't question any school's integrity, only officiating at "the stadium."

You are biased. I am biased. I think it best not to argue over "clouds" and WV football. There is only one clear victor in that debate. I do sit here considering how past Richlands teams would have fared against competition in the WVa playoff pictures and I giggle. That is of course if they played in venues other than....well, you know where.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Richlands would do quite well in WV, especially when they played at Ernie Hicks Stadium; the mecca of inequality calls and home cooking. However, I believe the use of illegal equipment to gain an advantage over a better opponent would be frowned upon.

you are correct, it seems that success breeds envy, hatred and negativity amongst the 'pretenders' of the world and thats the cost of being a winner on and off the field. sad but so be it

hey alpha, you are from that 'sprawling metropolis' called richlands and you wanna degrade the level of competition in WV?? and Blfd's population may be in a decline but ive lived and traveled all over the WORLD and id choose a declining Bluefield over most places ive seen, especially a pompous, backwoods, slum of tazewell called richlands

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Richlands would do quite well in WV, especially when they played at Ernie Hicks Stadium; the mecca of inequality calls and home cooking. However, I believe the use of illegal equipment to gain an advantage over a better opponent would be frowned upon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inequity...inequality are not the same. What proof do you have that we used illegal equipment to win a state title? What counter-proof do you have that are opponents did not use illegal equipment? Was the evidence and benefit of illegal equipment so overwhelming that our championship was stripped?

Yes, we could compete well in WV. Thank you. We would probably rather compete against larger school classifications than that of Bluefield, however. When are they dropping another classification to remain competitive?