Graham @ CC-Nov.5- Predictions & Field Conditions

DMan

You might be wondering why a Grundy fan is starting this post. Well I try my best to stay peaceful and quiet but I've seen a few things on here that are just irking me. I didn't want to hijack the Richlands SWD champs thread about this matter so I thought it should be started here.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hopefully we will see ya again whether we are a number three seed or a four seed it doesn't matter. Richlands feild was in good shape except in spots. But at least yall put on some quick dry to attempt to make it better. Theres no way we could make an excuse about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just one instance. First, it was the whole ref conspiracy. Now it's complaining about field conditions. Even your coach made a low class statement that "Grundy has a million dollar fieldhouse and a two-cent field." Richlands tried to be sensitive to your field condition issues and sprayed "quick dry" on the field. Final score: Richlands 26 CC 3

I just want to know, how the hell do you expect to play in late November and December? It is the nature of the beast and football games are played through rain, sleet, snow, or hail. You just need to face the fact that Grundy and Richlands were better teams than CC this year. You should play in conditions like that of the Region IV D-3 Title game between Grundy and Graham. Both Grundy and Graham people on here can vouch for the conditions of that game.

You've got your refs, you've got your field, where you can apply all the quick dry you'd like. What's the excuse going to be if Graham pulls out a win Friday night?

Both richlands and grundy are both good teams. Both fields were muddy,yes, but at least richlands did try to fix their field. But honestly i think it is time to drop the whole field conditions and the whole ref in our backpocket deal, too. Congrats to richlands on their title. hopefully we will meet them with a different outcome in the playoffs.

When I said that quote, I wasn't putting down grundys field. I was thanking Richlands for putting down quick dry to try and make the field better. I have to admit that Grundy and Richlands are better THIS YEAR. I, by no means, ment to cause an argument. Oh yeah, with the whole ref thing, we didnt pick them for any game so why would they like us any better than yall.

I think we will have to play a lot better than we have for the last two weeks to have a chance against the G-Men. We had six turnovers against Richlands plus two special team mistakes. Not exactly "Beamerball". I will be the first to congratulate both Richlands and Grundy on their seasons up to now, and make no excuses for losing either game. I will say that we can play better than we have the last two games, and hope we can get some good momentum going into the playoffs. Both teams played on the same field in both games, and that is a non factor. If we play good football and limit our turnovers, we have a chance to win what will probably be a close game. If we continue to turn the ball over, it would be difficult for us to beat anyone. I don't want to start on the refs topic again, but I will repeat what I said earlier: Fans, coaches, and the players have no control over what may or may not be called during a game. It sounds as if the Grundy/Tazewell game had some "questionable calls" in it as well. I think that is a part of high school football. Good luck to both teams, and I hope it is a well played game free of controversy.

The Grundy Tazewell game had a couple of "do overs" where the refs said they made "inadvertant whistles"...now whatever that is...that's what they called...I call it a "Carroll County Mulligan" myself...but thats just me...lol.

...and I'm just kidding about the Mulligan so don't get all emotional about it. grin.gif