lebanon coaching calls?

118910fan

lebanon has a top secret play,(run it up the middle), it does'nt take a rocket scientist to fiqure out what the next call will be. it irritates me as well as the other lebanon fans sitting in the stands. there is a time to run up the middle and time to pass. hint( 3 and inches) unlike the GW game when lebanon was 4 and 12 in the red zone and the call was to run. can the coach or coaches not see the QB and recievers were connecting good that night. sure mix it up but bring out what works when you need it, running up the middle 90% of the time is easy to fiqure out, the players are great athletes and make up for the bad coaching,and brought home a win, I'm proud of the lebanon players at the richlands game they struggled through some of the bad coaching and gave it their best.

Nah, you can't blame it on the coaching, the truth is that Richlands had a superior defense and Lebanon's offense did'nt execute. Lebanon was way outsized and Richlands had too much depth for Lebanon, Lebanon could'nt rotate fresh linemen in and out the entire game like Richlands could. All Richlands had to do was play a waiting game til Lebanon wore down, it happened about half way thru the 3rd quarter and there's just not much a coach can do about that. It's easy to blame the coaches for a loss, I believe the coaches did all they could, it's up to the players to execute the game. I don't believe there was anything Lebanon could have done to win that game, they were outsized and outnumbered. The players did the very best they could but Richlands knew they could wait Lebanon out and that's exactly what they did. That game is over and it's time for Lebanon to regroup and concentrate on the job ahead of them, it'll take a team effort and this is not the time to start pointing fingers, they win as a team and lose as a team.......no excuses, they just got beat by a better team and that's gonna happen in high school football. Lebanon has homefield advantage thru the playoffs and that was no fluke, the players and COACHES have earned it and I for one am very proud of both.

I'm a Richlands fan and I've got to say I was impressed with your team. The game was closer then the score. You've had a terrific season. I believe this game made both teams better! 9-1 is not exactly a "down year" I think Lebanon will have a good run in the playoffs as I believe Richlands will. Good Luck in the playoffs! smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...