All SWD team?

Lance

Who do you guys think should be first team ALL SWD this year?

Just off the top of my head, some possible candidates:

From Grundy:

G. Marcum

A. Marcum

A.W. Looney

S. Baker

M. Lee

A. Stiltner (center - 2nd year starter - only a 10th grader)

C. Owens

B. Brown

Tazewell:

Wilson

Muncey

*couple of the O-Line and D-Line guys? don't know the names?

Graham:

#25 - i can never remember this kids name...but he's great in the secondary and at WR.

Bovenizer...maybe...he's looked lazy at times when I've seen him play.

Richlands:

Tatum

Ringstaff

Wells

*who is the FB at Richlands?

**Couple of the O-Line and D-Line guys should be in here...don't know the names.

Carroll County:

Wengerd

*Who is the FB?

Who else should be in the running?

Tatum, Ringstaff and Wells are probably first team on both sides of the ball. Others from Richlands who should be considered are Kris Whaley FB, Jeremy Keene TE/DE/K, most of the linemen, Travis Payne LB, and Caleb Jennings PR. I'm probably leaving people out but not intentially.

From other schools, The Marcum's are locks. Wengerd and the QB at Carroll County are good. I can't remember many names, but some of the D-linemen from Tazewell should be considered. Again, I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch of people out.

Guest Woolybugger

Willie Yates is the FB at Carroll. I think CC's James Pruitt deserves consideration on both sides of the ball. He has 500+ receiving yards, three interceptions and broke up 7 passes against VaHi, holding their best receiver without a catch.

Also Lance Ayers (PK) of CC.

VA High is in the Highlands District not the Southwest District! Brandon Gayheart should be first team SWD at Defensive End. Entire Richlands backfield first team, (Wells, Whaley, and Ringstaff). SWD Defensive Player of the Year, hands down should be Travis Tatum. With any member of the Blues defense running a close second. J. Smith and M. Lester first team in the trenches. Co-SWD Offensive Players of the Year, Ringstaff and Marcum from Grundy. First team Defensive End, Player from Grundy (not sure about his name). Richlands should dominate the selections because of their undefeated romp through the SWD, with Grundy coming in second. Graham has a terror on defense (Bovenizer I think) should be on the first team and a receiver who should be mentioned. Wengard from CC should be mentioned. Tazewell has some competitive linebackers that will be in the mix. Also J. Keene first team at TE and K and mentioned on defense.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham:

#25 - i can never remember this kids name...but he's great in the secondary and at WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

#25 is Jake Remines, who was the first wide receiver in Carlock's time to ever be double-covered..vs V High i think.

You're also forgetting #5 Andy Henderson at FB, who has 8 TD's i think, and Elswick at OLB, who (shhh...) led Graham in tackles last year over a certain 'AB'.

From Richlands and Grundy, you can put them in a hat, and draw them out at random, because i'd say 9 out of 11 guys from either squad have definite all SWD potential.

Tazewell has Cleaver and Muncey, along with Wilson.

CC's Wengerd has everything but size, and their FB Yates also impressed me, running the FB trap all night without much difficulty against Graham last week.

• 2 weeks later...

have you guys not seen mitchem play this year...hes a heck of a linebacker and makes alot of plays for the dogs defense and has been doing so since his sophomore year. and so are the other two seniors (cleaver and muncey)...i think all three should make it....and on the line id go with #73 jarrod burton and #77 jake evans...both are talented and have great potential

Evans has started 39 or so games and is one of the better offensive lineman around....Burton is close to, if not the best guard in the district, you flip a coin between him and Lee and whoever wins can call themself the best, there are your 1st team guards....i think it is funny that Bovenizer was All-State last year and now most people arent even mentioning him on their all-district team...evans from tazewell wore him out all night in both games this year, i wonder who will get put on the 1st team and who will get left out...because i think that Smith from richlands is more than likely a lock for one of the 1st team tackle spots