Bluefield 58, Mount View 0--FINAL

Bluefield_Rules

Due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to make the trip back to Bluefield today. However, I just talked to my father whose at the game and he said one word sums it up, domination. Mount View has one first down in the game thus far and maybe 10 yards of total offense.

I just left the game, 38-0 at the half. Bluefield totally came out and dominated MV from the outset, with the Knights having 2 first downs the entire first half. Bad punting put Bluefield inside the 20 on more than one occasion. Bluefield has scored a run by Rusty Coeburn, a 30+ yard run by Derrick Steptoe, short runs by Quention Stepoe and David Perdue, a short pass from Rusty to Andy Bales, and a 38 yard FG by Lucas Stone. It looks like Keyser will be making the trip down to Mitchell Stadium next Saturday...

All I will say is Bluefield better not overlook Keyser. They played a tough schedule and absolutely wore Sherman out in the first round.

We haven't heard much about Keyser this season, but it seems they have a very good football team. Should the big three of Bluefield, Wayne, and Weir add a 4th in Keyser?

Keyser is probably the most dangerous team in AA in that they come in at 8th and aren't really getting a lot of attention.

Good luck Bluefield. Don't overlook them.

You're right Bluefield cannot overlook Keyser, but I honestly don't think that will be a problem. We're talking about a Bluefield team that is probably the most experienced team in the state, regardless of class. We're talking about a group of seniors, the majority of which have either starter or played significant minutes since freshman year. They've been here before and know what it takes to get things done in the playoffs.

Here is some information I received about Keyser from the users on TSP:

[ QUOTE ]

"Keyser should be a good 2nd round game for Bluefield. They are very athletic on both sides of the ball. MJ Twyman is a bruiser and is quick for a big back. They also have a couple of quick tail backs and pass the ball just enough to keep you honest. The fullback is also very good at the end position. Should be a better game for both teams considering the blowouts each had in the first round. Bluefield has been rolling along and I think they will win but Keyser should put up a good fight."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

"They have a strong running game. MJ Twyman is their strongest running back, rushed over 137 yards for 17 carries last night. Also Derrick Harman he also rushed over 100 yards in 10 carries. They had a total of offensive yards 407 from the ground. It appears alot of rushing is up the side"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I also left the game at halftime. I was mad as hell. I realized I had just blown six bucks....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Six dollars for a high school football game is outlandish. What's wrong with the five dollars that is charged during the regular season? Anything to bring the fat cats at the SSAC extra money I guess. I wonder which one gets to buy a new car for themselves this year...

[ QUOTE ]

I also left the game at halftime. I was mad as hell. I realized I had just blown six bucks....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, I left in the 2nd quarter, didn't even get through the gate until after Bluefield's 1st TD.

[ QUOTE ]

They need to have more places that sell tickets insted of just in those boothes....such as at the bottom of the hill so people can go right through

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they started letting people in without going to the ticket window, since the game had already started I guess and the line was all the way down to Rescue Squad building. If you had exact change, the person at the gate was letting people pay there in and go in.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They need to have more places that sell tickets insted of just in those boothes....such as at the bottom of the hill so people can go right through

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they started letting people in without going to the ticket window, since the game had already started I guess and the line was all the way down to Rescue Squad building. If you had exact change, the person at the gate was letting people pay there in and go in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, there must have been a good size crowd on hand Saturday...

i dont understand. the line at the ticket booth was down to the end of the ramp. although it was a good size crowd ive seen alot bigger. the sat game must have thrown everyones timeing off and we all came rolling in at the same time