How did James Monroe only win by 2......

RenegadeMuscle

Liberty sucked last year. They were worse this year. And next year they will not make the playoffs! So someone that was actually at the game at James Monroe last Friday night please explain how they were losing with just under 5 minutes to go to Liberty? Is James Monroe that overrated? I personally got a thrill out of watching Liberty lose, proving once again they DO NOT BELONG in the playoffs. I bet they do not make it back to the playoffs for another 10 years.

Basically part of it was that rematches are almost always closer. Another factor is that JM primarily runs the ball so Liberty basically loaded the box making it more difficult for us to move the ball. I think the wet field may have contributed as well. As to your question about us being overated. Even though I am a faithful Mavs fan it is my observation that of the top five teams in AA that we are certainly the weakest with the possible exception of Ravenswood. The positive thing to look at is that our defense defended Liberty's run well, holding a 1500 yard back to 50 yards. The only Liberty TD came after a special teams let down on a long kickoff return.

I have to agree with BR. Seems the Renegades haven't gotten over the loss th Liberty yet. Let's give Liberty some credit, they had the points to be in the playoffs, so they belonged there.

Only one team will win the Championship in each class. Does that mean the other fifteen was over-rated, I don't think so.

Hmmmm, a Westside person questioning another team when it comes to football. What's wrong with this picture?

If you're calling Liberty overrated then you must also put Westside in the same category and maybe even higher on the list. I'll tell you what, I'll take a two point win in any round of the playoffs rather than a first round loss.

Note: Please don't reply to this, I don't even want to get started on Westside blindly stumbling into the semifinals last year, then walking into a brickwall (in addition to a real football team) when they came to Bluefield.

Liberty will not beat us 1 time in the next 10 years. Mark my words! I do dislike Liberty. They gotlucky against us and lucky to be in the playoffs. I can't believe they had a gameplan to even remotely play with J.M. They should fold their football program, they will never be a Bluefield or a Poca ptype program! But we are very close to that point!

Yeah with the exception of 1999 what has any football team from wyoming county done in the last 5 years. What happened to Wyoming east and the War zone. Ohh scary huh and the Tank riding the pine pony at Marshall

Ain't that the truth! Last time I watched him in high schoolwas the 2001 game with James Monroe on Laidley Field's turf. I remember that despite the 26-19 won by Wyoming East, Tunstall's speed didn't impress me at all. I believe that his longest run was 12 yards, and I expected much better than that after I'd watched him run a 63 yard punt back on James Monroe's 1999 team. I actually think he slowed down during that time.

He was alot like Princeton's Will Albin, and I don't think you'll see him do much exept blocking. Tunstall was much slower than any of Bluefield's feature backs this year, and probably slower than both Andrew Robertson and Jason Jackson of James Monroe. Looking back, it's easy to realize that Tunstall benefited greatly from a good line down at East, and pretty descent QB play from Gunter and McBride. If he'd have been a year younger, he'd have looked pretty average his senior year. This wasn't hard to see coming. By the way, the only championship East had was his sophomore year. So much for senior leadership, Bridgeport blasted them out of the playoffs 38-6 in his final game.