James Monroe vs. Weir thoughts

MavsRock

Needless to say, James Monroe's offense and special teams will have to play MUCH better than they did this week, or the ride home from Lindside may seem longer than Weir's round trip combined. It's hard to judge this team since they play so many Ohio teams, but what I know is that they just obliterated a pretty good Lincoln team, and beat John Marshall 31-26, and they've probably got the best QB in the state. It may be do to quality of competition, but there defense has given up alot of points, and an 8-6 loss late in the season proves that there powerful offense can be stopped.

I also know that there not a particularly big team, so hopefully we can dominate the line of scrimmage, establish some offense, AND FINISH DRIVES WITH TOUCHDOWNS!, and get some stops, we may be in business. If not, it could be a long afternoon.

What ever happens, I think the prediction of a 5 TD win for Weir is more than a little exagerrated. Until I see Weir playing for the title (and right now I hope that doesn't happen) you're going to have a hard time convincing me that Weir is at the same level as Bluefield right now.

[ QUOTE ]

If James Monroe gives Weir a competitive game I'll be the first to get on this board and congratulate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will as well. I just don't think this is good match up for James Monroe. I think JM would match up better against Wayne than they would Weir. That is not saying that Wayne isn't as good as Weir b/c IMO they've better, or least been more consistent over the course of the season. I'm simply basing that on the match up.

[ QUOTE ]

i would like to see a mt view/ james monroe matchup. i believe mt view wins that one too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it's about match ups. Mount View's strength of speed, quickness, and athletic abiliy is James Monroe's weakness. However, I'm not sure MV would be disciplined enough to handle the single wing...

I'm not really sure how this game will turn out. I doubt the Mavs will go down without a fight, but if they come out and get on Weir early, I very much like their chances of a victory.

From what several friends up north have been telling me, a buzz is going around that Weir is going to hand it to Bluefield if we have the opportunity to play each other. I'd like to see that happen, so hopefully both teams can pull out 2nd round wins.

i recall hearin that same 'buzz' last year..turns out the buzz was from what they were smokin..hahah..if both teams win, i hope they do roll into town all cocky