It's been a short four years

CavDad

I'll try to be as brief as I can with this, so here goes. I want to thank the coaches and players at Carroll Co. for their hard work this year. We lost to a very good Bassett team last night, but we still think our guys are winners. My son played his last game last night, after four years of varsity football. He has been on teams that finished 0-10, 5-5, 10-2, and this year 6-5. He and the rest of the senior captains played huge roles in making what was labeled a rebuilding year better than anticipated. He and the other guys have gotten to experience good times and bad as a team. These experiences will help all of them later in life. While the won-lost records are important, the lessons learned from playing the game mean a lot too. I think that our program may have turned the corner towards year to year respectability which is what every program strives for. Wanting to be at every game to support my son has reminded me how much fun it is going to the games, being with friends, supporting your school, etc. I plan on going to the games next year although I know it will be different. For all of the parents that read this message board, cherish every play, game, moment, etc. It goes by entirely too fast. I have had the opportunity to watch my son mature, become a leader and a fine football player to boot. I have a lot of great memories that in the words of the credit card commercial, are "priceless". Good luck to Tazewell and Richlands as their season continues. Thanks son for the last four years.

Thanks Lance. I have no problem with you. You support your team and are very knowledgable about the entire region. I may run into you next year at CC. I wish we had another week of football, but I guess its on to basketball.