Coach of the year

plopper

I would like to know all of your opinions on who should go for coach of the year.

In my opinion coach wyatt should get it hands down. He has turned the bulldogs from a 1-9 team to a state bound team. Anyone with me on this one?

Has to Be Wyatt.He's done so much in the program.He also took a complaint from last year and fixed it.He's put just about everybody in the game.Including freshmen.Going from 1-9 to 6-4 and beating Graham 2x has got to be a lock for coach of the year!

Tazewell has only went 6-4. This simple feat alone makes Wyatt a coach of the year candidate. Tazewell was nowhere near ready to win Region IV this year, which Tazewell will probably do this year thanks to the Virginia High incident.

HOWEVER, my vote goes to Greg Mance at Richlands. Richlands went 9-1 this season, dominating the hardest district in southwest Virginia (the Southwest District, which is another discussion for another time). Richlands has also beaten a recent nemesis in Magna Vista. IF Richlands wins Region IV, my vote is a lock for Mance, because he has bred a state title contender at Richlands. Wyatt has not, and could not have, done the same at Tazewell.

[ QUOTE ]

Lock hasn't made that big of a change for the tornadoes. But he might have done something that i've missed. Maybe u could tell me what he did to turn the tornadoes around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well plopper, I'm sure there is a "Coach Lock" out there someplace who deserves coach of the year consideration but I was suggesting that your "Coach" is a "Lock" to win SWD coach of the year.

As for Mance, he's a good coach but I don't think he will get COY. Richlands did better than some people expected but they are loaded with depth and experience which makes his job easier.

Coach Wyatt has exceeded everyone's expectations at Tazewell. He should get the award.

I'd go with Wyatt...he's done a hell of a jobturing that program around...I think a lot of you have forgotten just how bad Tzaewell was last year and how nmuch in-fighting there was with that program...that's all been put to rest and there is nothing but love and pride for football in T-Town right now...and there is one person in particular you can thank for that...coach wyatt.

Mance is second, only because Richlands has more raw talent than any other team in the region this year...have to have a coach that can put it all together...but the turnaround at Tazewell is pretty amazing I think.

NO ONE DESERVES IT MORE THAN COACH WYATT. HE CHANGED THE TEAM AROUND! WE WENT 7-4. AND LAST YEAR WERE 1-9! HE DESERVES IT MORE THAN ANYONE. HE CHANGED THE SPIRIT AROUND AT THS ALSO. WHO COULDNT AGREE MORE?