Perhaps never in the history of H.S. football...

MavsRock

has a game turned around that fast. I left with just under 3:00 left, just in time to hear Bluefield's radio announcers talk about basketball season. There will be alot of controversy, as well there should be about passing the ball in that situation, especially with the fastest defense in the state in Bluefield, but give credit to Bluefield, 1 play totally changed the momentum in that game. Bluefield got 1 lucky break, but earned everything afterwards. This ranks right up there with the infamous "Miracle at the Meadowlands" between the Eagles and Giants.

I'm sure we'll eventually find out exectly what happened with the fight after the game, I didn't see it so I won't speculate. It wasn't that big of a surprise to me with the emotions that Weir had to be feeling, but you've got to keep you're composure better than that. Head's up to the Bluefield PD for kepping a volatile situation from looking like the Pistons-Pacers game. I wouldn't want to be on a Weir team bus right about now.

I'll talk more about the Bluefield-Wayne title game this week. One note, I had picked Bluefield to win, but no one, and I do me NO ONE saw something like this coming.

that is awesome...wish i could have seen it.

Grundy scored 24 points in 1:34 one time to come from behind to beat Paintsville a couple of years ago on the road...games like that are amazing to watch...Richlands did that to Grundy a few years back also...scored like 18 in the last 2:30...been on both sides of that, and its great to win but hard to lose that way.

the absolute best finish i have ever seen just as a fan. i never thought i would have stood at the endzone the last 3 mintues and ot and went crazy cheering the beavers on it was outstanding. I know right before the tying td when perdue caught that flare pass he jacked #3 up it was the best hit i seen all year on either side of the ball . Awesome game beavers Good luck in Wheeling and make the south proud i know i stood with shadys head coach and 2 assistants and we were all jumping up and down like kids awesome baby!!!