Vic Hall

gretna_boy

As i read through some of these posts i laugh at what some people say about Gretna. "a one man show" and junk like that. You may want to think again, but then again you will SEE it first hand come Saturday. Let me mention some of the names you will be hearing next Saturday.. Reco Reynolds, Horace Hubbard, Lamar White, Matt Short, Jason Myers just to name a few outstanding players besides Hall. You dont have to take my word for it. I am just trying to give a heads up because i want to get my moneys worth out of this one. Prepare to be amazed.

Someone told me how one of the Tazewell coaches said that Vic Hall had never really been hit before and we both got a good laugh. When you compile as many yards as he has in HS, you're bound to take some shots in the process. The same individual also told of how Ahmad Bradshaw laid a goos shot on Hall last year in the semi-final game, with which he followed with a taunting gesture. Vic Hall jumped right back up, handed him the ball, and went back to the huddle as if it didn't phase him.

hey Gretna Boy...welcome to the forum.

Tazewell reminds me a lot of the old "no name" defense if you are old enough to remember...they don't get much recognition, but they get the job done and the boys can hit...it's not really the defense you have to worry about, everyone knows your firepower and you can score from any place on the field...question is how are you going to like getting the ball pounded down your throat for 8 - 10 minute drives...cause that's what's coming. In the end you might win this game 72-0 but be ready to get the hell knocked out of you for 48 minutes along the way.

I saw Hubbard at the Nike Camp, he's a great kid...he worked out with Aaron Marcum from Grundy on some drills and it was cool seeing them work together...he was very polite and has a lot of class...good kid you have there.

"No Name Defense" Article here if you want to read up...lol

Ya'll have a safe trip down here and no need to bring a bullet proof vest as someone said. I should also mention that parking is very limited at Gretna. Most of the time when there are large crowds people park in the foodlion parking lot down the street from the school. If you are coming Friday night then you should stay in Rocky Mount, you have to come through there anyway if you take 220. It takes about 40 minutes to get from Rocky Mount to Gretna. I also advise ya'll to eat in Rocky Mount too because there aint too much to choose from in Gretna. Again, ya'll have a safe trip. Thanks for the link Lance