Thank you Richlands..from Salem

SalemFan

Thank you...thank you and another Thank YOU for creating an excellent atmosphere for a state semi, Saturday afternoon high school football game.!!!!!!! Of all the games I have attended in my lifetime, never did I feel as welcomed at an opponents facility as I was Saturday afternoon at Richlands. The hospitality tent was unexpected, but very welcomed.!! The food was great, the folks serving and attending were very friendly, thoughtful and courteous. You all worked very hard to get this field in playing condition. Ernie Hicks stadium was ready and looking good. You all should be very proud of the way you folks hosted this game.!!! I just hope Salem folks saw how you welcomed the opponents to your fair town and they can do the same in the future.!!! It was a very memorable trip and one I was glad I took the time to make. Too bad your Tornado team had to come out with the loss, but they played with heart and emotion and I'm sure, they will make it back to the semi's again soon, if not next year. Hold your heads high, you all are winners. Not only the team, but all the fans and supporters of the Richlands programs.!! Again, THANK YOU for all you did for the Salem Nation and others who attended the game.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually next year we are planning on visiting them, Region III will host the semi's

[/ QUOTE ]

If that happens I'll do my best to reciprocate with Salem Hospitality.

I feel the love cool.gif

GO SALEM

GO MULES

I feel the love cool.gif

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[/ QUOTE ]

And Mule...If that DOES happen, count me in on gala event. We can show anyone Salem can host a party.!!!!!! laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I feel the love cool.gif

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[/ QUOTE ]

And Mule...If that DOES happen, count me in on gala event. We can show anyone Salem can host a party.!!!!!! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make 5 gals. of my corn chowder that should feed about 100.

GO SALEM

GO MULES

Now the semi's are over and the finals are at hand, most of the Salem contingent will be doing their lurking and posting on the VaPreps site. I do want to thank Lance...and yes...even G-Man for their time and expertise in running this site. I don't have alot of use for G-Man after his childish antics in trying to stir a pot of sh*t just to make it stink in the Salem vs Richlands topics, but Lance, you've always seemed mature in your posts and I will continue to check in every once in a while. Good luck to all the SWVA coaches, players and fans in all they attempt in the future and I DO hope Salem can show as much hospitality as you guys (Richlands supporters) provided the Salem Nation this past Saturday.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont think there were many here to begin with... confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance, SalemFan is correct. There aren't many Salem fans perusing this board. Maybe it's because of the name. LOL You guys made it abundantly clear that Salem is not considered SW VA.

I, on the other hand, enjoy the site and I will continue to visit. I've met some pretty nice people on here and one thing we all have in common is that we think high school football is the greatest sport on earth. All of us must keep the interest in hs football up. There are wolves at the door and the politically correct crowd would like nothing more than for football support to wane.

One thing that I failed to mention previously was your band. They did one hell of a job Saturday. They are top notch. We have a great band if you tend toward concerts. As for supporting the team they leave something to be desired. Your band on the other hand worked their butts off playing for The Blue Tornados. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

GO SALEM

GO MULES <font color="red"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i dont think there were many here to begin with... confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance, SalemFan is correct. There aren't many Salem fans perusing this board. Maybe it's because of the name. LOL You guys made it abundantly clear that Salem is not considered SW VA.

I, on the other hand, enjoy the site and I will continue to visit. I've met some pretty nice people on here and one thing we all have in common is that we think high school football is the greatest sport on earth. All of us must keep the interest in hs football up. There are wolves at the door and the politically correct crowd would like nothing more than for football support to wane.

One thing that I failed to mention previously was your band. They did one hell of a job Saturday. They are top notch. We have a great band if you tend toward concerts. As for supporting the team they leave something to be desired. Your band on the other hand worked their butts off playing for The Blue Tornados. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

GO SALEM

GO MULES <font color="red"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Lance, I didn't realize until too late that you were a Grundy fan.

We Richlands fans will be looking forward to coming to Salem, next year, as you guys will be hosting!!! There's alot of "ifs and and's" in between but still, looking for some good grub out of your hospitality tent.!!! Maybe some bar-b-que ribs????? Congrats to all Salem players, coaches and fans. You guys are the tops.!!!!