The Future of Lebanon

zach

Everyone knows we will be getting a new coach, and with 14 seniors leaving, we will have a new team. What do you think will come outta this mess? Do you think they could still challenge George Wythe for the Hogoheegee? And who do you think will be the new head coach? Personally I like our chances, all we need is a tackle or two, and we got a pretty solid core, both seniors and juniors.Lemme know what you think.

Some of it will depend on who the new coach will be. Coach Henley has been a good coach and the kids really like him, he'll be missed. If the new coach is John Adams as some seem to think, I've seen him take a little talent and do a lot with it if he controls the offense, in my opinion he's an offensive genius. I'm not sure Lebanon can handle George Wythe next year, it'll be a rebuilding year but they have a talented core group of juniors and sophmores and will be considerably more competative than expected, Rual Retreat will be the team to watch. I believe it'll be a running team and can just about forget the pass, of course they had a couple of good recievers in JV this year but they're sure gonna miss Miller's quickness..........time will tell I guess.

To be honest i think every team from this side of the East River Mountain tunnel will have a good season next year, sure evryone loses key players but i think the next couple years have a lot of talent coming through the system for all teams.Congrats to Lebby by the way on their season.

From what I've heard, coach Henley got another job in the school system that would'nt allow him to coach. Plus I believe he wants to spend more time with his family, he's dedicated most of his life to coaching. He is a very classy guy with deep convictions and has took personal interest in the players, he's treated the kids more like his family than just football players........he'll sure be missed.

Yeah, Mr. Henly is accepting the job of principal at the elementary school. I think that Josh Dye and Zac Lambert both will have huge seasons, Lambert might be all-state, b/c he seemed pretty good this year. Also I can't wait until the Richlands game, it seems like a good one!

[ QUOTE ]

Who are those two guys? Never heard of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zac Lambert was the starting left guard and Josh Dye was the starting center for the Pioneers. Lambert earned all district and all region honrs, and dye got second team all district

lets see scott allen former lebanon player steps down from his coaching job in abingdon, a few weeks later henley steps down to accept a new job, all the stars must be alligned in scott's favor, both gave the excuse to spend more time with their family, whoever the new coach is i hope they are good at seeing the potential these new kids have, and also not use henley's (run it up the middle playbook).

Yeah, they need to open it up more, but next years team if you look at the roster will be more of a run oriented team. u will have a good blocker in ryan carlock and a fast back in kynan massie. the qb will be zac jesse, who was a wr converted to qb(he was second string qb last year) colbey smith and conley yates will be good te's, with one possibly or most likely going to wideout. defense is a whole nother story

• 4 weeks later...

Talked to Coach Henly yesterday, and he said the applying process is stopping the 14th. Adams did apply, and I was told he came to our practices during the playoffs. He said there were about 6 people applying, a couple from the staff already.